Storage Pull with stored Block limmit

Reaction score
    i would like to see a "Block Limmit" option for the Storage Pull.

for example the actual situation:

you have a storage of 400Vol. witch is Designated for "Alloyed Metal Mesh" and "Crystal Composite"
    the storage Pulls Both 5.000 per tick and can hold 200K each.

now a factory pulls 100K of "Alloyed Metal Mesh"

The Pull Tick refills the Storage from another surce but after that you have 250K "Crystal Composite" and 150K "Alloyed Metal Mesh".

my suggestion is to add a max storage value to the pull function.
    so you say pull: "Alloyed Metal Mesh" - "5.000 Per Tick" - "to 200.000 Stored"

so if your factory pulls only one item of the 2 stored ones the auto pull will only fill up what is missing couse the other one would be at its pull limmit.

Reactions: QuantumAnomaly

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    That would be nice. Only work around I can think of is individual storage blocks with their pulls and capacities slaved to the same logic that controls the factory. a "hopper" of sorts.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've been thinking this same thing, mainly for shop auto stocking.
    I've been wanting a way to generate specific inventory targets and no more.
    Sure, you could spend a few ages working out the percentage of blocks for a given set of storage attached to a storage and then use logic to control the flow using the sensor block. As fun as that sounds, I would shudder to guess how much logic, factories and storage blocks in different configurations this might use.

Some kind of user controllable limiter based on block quantity would be awesome!
    For not only storage, but factories and shops to.

Reaction score
    i actually sugested this exactly because it takes an awesome load of Logic and Storage blocks to handle this!

in the Spoiler you can see a bit of my Production Facilities. actually there are only Basic Factories and every factory has its own storage for the Produced product and is Controlled by Sensors wich automatically start and stop the production depending on the Storage status.

it would be much easier and less block intense to have one big storage for the products that pulls from all Factories untill the specified limmit of the missing blocks is reached. and then just control the small amount of storage directly in the factories for starting and stopping production.
    and i would not need to connect some factories to multiple storages for recource pulling :)
    These are actually 173 Basic Factories... plan is to have each block type possibly used on a ship in store for the Shipyard of the Station to use when needed. so Standard and Advanced Factories are under construction.

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I've been thinking this same thing, mainly for shop auto stocking.
    I've been wanting a way to generate specific inventory targets and no more.
    Sure, you could spend a few ages working out the percentage of blocks for a given set of storage attached to a storage and then use logic to control the flow using the sensor block. As fun as that sounds, I would shudder to guess how much logic, factories and storage blocks in different configurations this might use.

Some kind of user controllable limiter based on block quantity would be awesome!
    For not only storage, but factories and shops to.
    About this much logic, per factory, with half as much logic per dependent factory on the chain.
    starmade-screenshot-0004.png

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    mmk. I'll grab a couple templates off the private server. these templates go in your starmade\templates folder, and are loaded/pasted in advanced build. They require AT LEAST 25 player build area in the server config
    try them out in singleplayer/creative to adjust them to your liking. There's also a "show me how full" lightbar in this template. You can get rid of it and the blocks controlling all but the top/red light if it doesn't suit you.

The factory is controlled by an AND as a knife-switch. That AND is connected from a player toggled ACTIVATION directly above it, as well as a NOT coming off a "nearly full" SENSOR. The result is that the factory will only turn on if it is told to, AND the factory's storage is not X% full(or greater).
    To save on logic ticks, those sensors are pinged by a basic logic clock, which is also knife-switched by the ACTIVATION -> a second AND(at the top of the stack).
    Storage pulls (that factory gets it's items from) have an identical "if not X% full and factory active" logic system. The AND that controls the factory is connected into the activation toggle of those dependent storage, activating their sensor clock and their pull tics.

In my (currently being built) factory system any dependent item-chains have their own factories.
    eg power aux has the player-interact factory, + automatic power generator, +power capacitor, at a 1:1:1 ratio. (while regen and capacity likely have additional player-activated factories)
    Advanced grey (will have) advanced greay, +hardener(which has an ingot dependency), +standard(which has a hardener dependency), ++basic hull @ whatever ratio I need.(gets fun with paint. Frelling paint, Shazbot!)
    They each have (or will have) a slaved storage box for each required base material, but draw directly from the dependant factories (as they are essentially slaved storage pulls to begin with). as BASIC materials will have individual storage/pulls, this (will) let(s) those basic storages turn on a "needs this" light next to any factory if it runs out/low on that resource.
    It'll be a rather bloated factory system by this method, but easily "fixed" as the recipes change with updates.

hope it helps ya

Attachments

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I want limited storage pull anyway for 5 computers in stock at all times in a single storage.

EDIT:
    We need a way to count items inside storages without withdrawing them for a logic controlled pull or empty system.

Last edited:

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Another nice option would be to have factories produce an array of goods instead of 1. Then you could do things like produce hardner and hull in the same factory. Or several different items at once in the same factory. Even if it's a cascaded order system where one product at a time is made. Would save so much time in building different factory layouts for different products. Which are just a waste of space really.

Reactions: NeonSturm