A way to replace in game stations with fixed ones?

Reaction score
    Okay so I have decided to repair/upgrade every station available in the game as I am kind of tired of waiting for it to be an official update to be inline with rails, new turret system and power/shields rebalances etc. (and kind of surprised it's not happened yet. o_O)
    In less than half a day I managed to make and replace all turrets, docking modules and enhancers, turret docking and enhancers, tweak power and shields and essentially upgrade 3 stations, the Piratestations Beta, Delta and Eta, to the latest version of StarMade and it's current features.
    Plan on upgrading all the default Station including the derelicts and Trading guild.

Now what I am wondering is is there a way to replace the old blueprints with the new without resetting the world/universe. (or doing something insane like manually deleting every station in game and loading the new ones in their place.)
    I experimented and deleted the old BP's, had their upgraded versions named the same and dropped them in the blueprints-stations/pirates folder.

Now my thinking was, discovered stations would remain as they were, and undiscovered stations would load using the updated BP's when found by players. And it did as such kind of, problem is the stations already found appeared as they should, including the old docking modules, but they seemed to be trying to load with the new rail turrets from my new BP's, or at least the turret bases. The bases were trying to dock to the old modules and an admin error appeared stating incompatible docking combination.
    Which seemed weird, old station, new turrets.........

Found a couple of the same stations that were undiscovered and they were using the new blueprints and spawned and worked properly.

Reverted the BP's back to the originals and those stations went back to being as they were and the one or two stations that used the new BP's were buggered instead.

So is there a way to successfully replace all the default stations without breaking everything in an established universe?
    A way of adding the new BP's without having to make them an entirely new station e.g renaming the BP to 'Piratestation Beta XL'. to sit along side the default 'Piratestation Beta' in the station Blueprints folder.

I'd really like our server to be free of the old modules that are redundant and having unbalanced and under powered stations without wiping everything if possible.

Would greatly appreciate some help on this from a dev or player who has actual facts on the matter please and thank you. :)

Reactions: WitherFireGaming
    Reaction score
    My best idea would be to reset individual sectors, which should reload them with the new stations.

Reaction score
    My best idea would be to reset individual sectors, which should reload them with the new stations.
    Yeah talking about a fairly explored universe here, not practical to go around and reset literally hundreds, if not thousands of sectors.
    Kind of what I was getting at when I said:
    (or doing something insane like manually deleting every station in game and loading the new ones in their place.)
    Resetting individual sectors would be just as tedious, if not more so. Kind of looking for hard facts on the subject.
    If it were just singleplayer I would just start with a fresh universe. Well I will keep on hoping a dev that actually knows can chime in at some point, hopefully sooner than later. Thanks for your input though. :)

If it wants to have stations at all that is.
    Sorry but what? o_O

Reactions: WitherFireGaming

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Yeah talking about a fairly explored universe here, not practical to go around and reset literally hundreds, if not thousands of sectors.
    Kind of what I was getting at when I said:

Resetting individual sectors would be just as tedious, if not more so. Kind of looking for hard facts on the subject.
    If it were just singleplayer I would just start with a fresh universe. Well I will keep on hoping a dev that actually knows can chime in at some point, hopefully sooner than later. Thanks for your input though. :)

Sorry but what? o_O
    Resetting a sector with a station won't guarantee a new station will spawn.

Reaction score
    Yeah have had to just add the rebuilt stations along side the old ones.
    I doubt at this point anyone who actually knows for sure either way is going to post an answer. :(

Thanks for your input though guys. ;)