A way to move the ship core without destroying and rebuilding the entire ship..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If there's alraedy such a way, please tell me. I have a pretty big ship and I've decided that I want to move my ship core to another part of the ship..

One way to do it could be, while in build mode, place another ship core, and then delete the old one, letting the new one take over..

Of course, you'd need to make sure that players can't just place a ton of ship cores all around as backups in case the first gets destroyed, so, maybe make it so that if two ship cores are connected to the same ship for too long, both cores _explode_. That'd show 'em.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like this idea, but instead of exploding after to long maybe the ship would not function untill it has only one core. That would include thrusters, power out-put, and shielding.

Reaction score
    The amount of times I\'ve had to completely scrap a build because the core was either in the way, or after building I decided that it would have been better placed elsewhere...
    Would really like a system that\'d allow us to move the core, but at the same time I think we need to make sure it can\'t allow ships with multiple redundant/backup cores.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A ship core is ment to be a \"core\" in it\'s meaning, not just a random block that you can replace... or move arround. A core is also what\'s defining the \"entity\" in the game engine, the ship, it\'s name, and all the math (thrusters, energy, etc) is calculated on it.

If somebody messed up the build, he can build from a new core, a new ship in the same place and copy the old model, without having to manually remove things. Later on, a harvester can be used on the old ship.

It should still be possible, even though it looks hard to make (probably the best way to make it possible would be having an option of directly moving the same core, without touching the Entity itself), I feel that mistakes are to be paid, and improvements are to be worked out.

Maybe schema finds a solution to it ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Having the core be immoble just means that once you build a signigicant part of your ship, you have to stick with your placement of it or build another..

It does make more sense to have it be immoble, but, for gameplay\'s sake I think schema can take some liberties.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah, we\'ll see :)

The core has more than \"sense\" of not being replacable by another or such, since the math done on the ship is actually on the core, so that\'s why I said schema may find a solution to that to make it possible :D

Reaction score
    the option to move the core would be great for people who don\'t have a plan for their ships and just start building (like me :D ).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Nearly all people start without having an actual plan, the closest to it is trying to copy a ship model from another game or such, but that is not \"planning\".

So that is understandable, Radimentrix :D Being able to move should be possible in a way, I was negative at first because the idea was to replace it or place another one then remove the old one, which counting the game engine (how it actually works), was very complicated to do.

Reaction score
    Yeah, well thats just like, your oppinion man. Unless you have opened up the game and started coding how exactly do you know how complicated anything is? Even if a Dev says so that is just going on their word.
    So, regardless of its assumed complexity to implement, I think there should be a way to \"move\" a core and fully support this thread.
    It is a pain in the arse when you realise you are one or two blocks off from having the build otherwise perfect, and instead have to either start the whole thing again (on large builds this is a friggin\' nightmare) or bodge job it and forever having it look off, something that really bugs me every time I see it.

Reaction score
    maybe it would be easier for the game if it despawns the old ship and spawns a new one with the new configs. so you can\'t just build or move the core while in fight or something. you would have to take everything out of the plex storages (if there are some on the ship), move the core, leave the ship and wait for the new one to spawn. that\'s not perfect nor realistic but better than nothing :)

Reaction score
    When I builda ship, I first build a half skeleton half hulled one in minecraft and use it as a template. I know that takes time, but once your template is done, you just have to copy the design

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What if Calibiri\'s idea of frame blocks was used (http://www.star-made.org/content/frame-blocks) and the core block as we know it was removed from the game? The functionality of the core block then be automatically assigned to the first frameblock placed. After ship building gets underway a bit, a different frameblock could be assigned as the \"core\", allowing on-the-fly flexibility for ship builders.

Reaction score
    You can have asmansy cores as you want but it draws on alot of power and when one blows up you have a massive explosion kinda like having reactors on your ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I totally support this idea, just yesterday i was crying about that on server, im undergoing a \"neverending\" project of base ship for my faction.
    Everything was alright with its core placed safely deep inside in case of any military enounter ... But later i realized that i dont care much about that anymore and more convenient would be to have this core up on the bridge where i have everything under control (power, shield readings, accesss to side laser baterries on those computers) and great view on surounding area including my pretty ship ...
    Being on bridge i must run deep down to take control over ship now, and leave my post where all those vital things are.
    Honestly i dont care where the core is, i just need some \"console block\" that will allow pilot this thing from place where i put it. (bridge or aux bridge or restroom whatever) really rebuilding massive base ship just for this isnt fun, and with what we have now lots of ships are losing functionality.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Being able to enter and leave the ship via the cockpit would be very nice^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would be nice to be able to move a Core, but instead of move why not make it so that a ship can only have 1 for flying, but in build mode you can add one (it will keep the ships name, just not any special block info aka, Thrusters, shield, energy, and things like that, but the ship can only move when there is one core meaning the old one will need to be removed. This way it makes you don\'t have to rebuild the ship just parts of it that can be easly done.

I would love this because I mostly go by Core placement for my wings on the ship, but don\'t think about the inside acomidations that will house my power shield and thusters, just the shape. So why not be able to move a ships core/add another were you wish to hace it placed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You could just have it where when you place a new core block it deletes the old one (And moves it back to your inventory)

Reaction score
    Think about this: im in combat my core is been shot at i just move it elsewhere.

i dont think core moving will be in the game