A way to move the ship core without destroying and rebuilding the entire ship..

Reaction score
    I have been in vain as I have a 150,000 block... Still in construction, ship, and I started back before I knew that if you get in Cockpits it\'s basically an alt to the ship core. I want to put my core in a super reinforced part of my ship. Instead of my unarmored Command Tower. I wish to see this implemented. I have no ideas was just supporting you guys. Thanks!!!

Reaction score
    If the ship core is overheating it kills the pilot and it is a done deal for the ship... Please describe more... I don\'t know if that is what you mean...

Reaction score
    Maybe it can be a shipyard thing, where you have to be docked with the right setup and you can move the core (but not place or do anything with the ship until you replace it where you want it). maybe there can be a way it leaves a \"ghost block\" (unseen placeholder of a ship core) which contains a data type indicating the proper core needs replacing on the ship

Reaction score
    What Happens: Thinks you can move core builds everything undercore as floor next thing you know ur core is exposed

suggestion: Special move key that doesnt break the block

and for lore: ITS FUCKING BUILD MODE

Reaction score
    I\'d love to be able to move my core.

I mean you can easily move a computer in a network, right?

Though you may have to do some rewiring, you don\'t have to rebuild the entire house.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would love to see a move button to appear like someone said, not only for the core, i do not how many times i wanted to move a computer where a ton of guns are connected to, and i had to remove the computer, replace it, and then reconnect all those cannons which have been nicely embedded into my ship for protection. so moving the ship core is certainly a good idea, certainly because you can never really be sure where you want to have your core unless you plan your ship in detail, and this is then the same with your cannons and their respective computers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Right now I know so many peopel that have done their ships in a way that works but bugs means that their cores have to be at the back or the ship or at least behind the weapons for them to not bug out.

Also they should put in an delete ship option which just deletes the entire ship so that you don\'t spend hours dismatiling your ship to get the parts back to sell them which would make ship building easier when restart from scatch.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i like this idea. the issue would be tho it would disconnect from the computers and such that are controlled by it,

for this to work it would need a way to quickly connect existing built stuff to the core or computers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like this idea, or just being able to rotate the damn core. Reason? I made a huge ship and saved it. When we returned to the server, the core bugged and it was facing the wrong way making the back of the ship the front, and visaversa. Now the ship is broken / useless. =/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Same pronlem ...

The suggestion of VoidrayX is perfect !!! : Special move key that doesnt break the block

Pls add this soon !

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Come on, all you\'d need to get around that would be a transfer delay which takes down all systems for about a minute or so.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    No, a move function would be to simple. A system based on placing a second core and then transferring all the functions there would be much more suitable for gameplay and I belive also easer to implement. The core is after all not just a block, it\'s the geometrical frame of reference for the entire ship.

mou

Reaction score
    I m myself a dev, I think its easily possible: why move the core? just do some function which move all blocks to the pos the player want and instead of moving core then core will have another position in ship without really moving it

do you guys see what I mean?

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I do.

Was that a reply to how I said it would be easier to implement a place-transfer-remove system than a direct move based one? In that case, Exectly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Why not allow the core to be removed if there is a Build-Block available?

Additional this means you can switch between Station and Spaceship.

You place a Build-Block, remove core, replace core, a ship name is asked, and you remove the core (or leave it)

This solution solves 3 problems:

1. You can move a spacestation.
    2. You can rename your ship/station
    3. You can move your core

To avoid possible problems, the Core renames the entity. Meaning that if I started a ship called \"Alpha\", placing a Build-Block and removing the Core, the entitity retains the name \"Alpha\". Should I decide to keep the entity as a Space-Station but with the name \"Beta\", I need to extend the Entity with a Core block, at which point I am allowed to Enter a name for the entity. The Entity is now a Ship called \"Beta\". Once renamed I remove the Core again and the Entity reverts back to a Station, but retaining the name \"Beta\".

Reaction score
    Looking at my icon there is a reason I\'m holding a pen...
    I find it easiest to have a quick doodle or sketch of my build before I actually start building, because even though most are pretty much paper blueprints they dont hinder the possiblility of making changes.
    The sketches help to releave most problems with things like core placement within a ship but at the same time I build what works and only use sketches for more of reference or concept.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    That kind of system would go against just about every line of the code for ship physics. It\'s not going to happen, ever.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Well, you might have to make major plan changes as well, or you discover a design flaw that wasn\'t noticable until you had the finished thing in front of you, or you simply chagned your mind, etc. I understand your point, but this feature is most certainly needed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I built one of the largest ships you would ever see... and the core was just sitting out in a little glass cage on top. However, I don\'t think placing another is the way to go, nor the move button. I think there should be a tool, that you use on the core, to change things about it. This can be anything from name to location. it would start \"Core Settings Mode\", which allows the core to follow your pointer, without ever detatching from the ship. then, you move the core to a different location, and place it. However, an issue with this would be that the core is the center of gravity for the ship during flight. I think, maybe, Gyro Blocks, which add gravity centers. They could be placed all over the ship, and the ship would have a balanced gravity, and no longer turns like it was on drugs. Just a thought.