A suggestion on current planets (includes shape changes but not gravity changes)

Reaction score
    I hate walls of text so here's a little picture of what I have in mind. And rings. I will get to rings.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I use to really like the Oreo idea but this seems to be way better since the terrain is continuous and not split in two.

Reaction score
    Good thoughts. Changes to gravity wont have to be made since there is only one surface.

Reaction score
    The Planet would be like A dimention And you could only enter the planets atmosphere With a ship of 2k or lower, you could run arround the planet until you reach the side of it And The plannet would have a core If a ship from outher space with enough fire power attacked it the plannet could implode on itself and a way of a planet having moons

Reaction score
    Like this idea. Would make exploring the inside of the planet more fun and give more room to build bases inside planets.

Also well done with using pictures in the description, makes things so much nicer.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    +1 Support, want this more than oreo planets.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I agree it is a promising concept at first glance, but I cannot help but think about the drawback of having the bottom spherical. A spherical face done with blocks would mean tons of exposed edges, meaning much more to render and therefore potential FPS drops. But the change probably wouldn\'t be as problematic as I\'m imagining it to be.

Reaction score
    Planet needs to be way bigger, and by bigger I mean at least 10 times bigger than the biggest ship out there. It\'s just stupid that everyone can build a ship bigger than a planet so easily.

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    Cool idea, when I first saw I first saw it I thought it was amazing and instead of having an atmosphere under the planet it gets filled in with minerals. I agree there should be a much higher atmosphere.

-I came up with the idea of giant floating islands, current planet size, floating around a massive acid sphere of water.

Reaction score
    Pull out your calculator, even the windows one will do, choose an appropriate diameter and radius for your planet, the formula for the volume of a sphere is: V = 4/3 * pi * r ^ 3. The volume of a hemisphere is half that. Calculate your volume. Each block in starmade is one metre cubed, so your volume is also your number of blocks. Make a ship with that many blocks, and decide if you like your framerate.