Votes: 7 18.4%
    • too complicated to add to the game

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • this idea is so great why hasn't people though of this before

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Next issue is fighting next to a homebase, because clearly, you DON'T want to take a fight next 500 turrets, each capable of dealing a million DPS. I can see some sweet feature with the upcoming HP system. Feature would be as follow :

- Homebase blocks can't be destroyed (and can't be damaged either), however, the station still takes damage, and as soon as it reaches a critical HP level (10%, 0%, whatever as long as you can configure this parameter as well), all turrets become unusable for a given amount of time.

What does it bring to the current gameplay ? Well, if turrets are disabled for some time, you can shoot whatever ships comes out of said homebase, kill players wandering around the station, fancy stuff like that :3 That way,

- As a homebase owner, you don't have to repair blocks (seriously, repairing the damage done is just crazy at the some point).
    - As a homebase attacker, you can effectively siege said homebase by cutting all its routes.

This change would also make it so that you can't just put a bunch of turrets on said station, you would also be required to put a lot of hull (to increase armor/HP) and shields (to prevent small random troll ships to disable your station).
    I agree soo much with this part.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    @Asmael Nice idea, but this is unfair to people and factions that have to go on hiatuses. I would hate it if I had to go on a trip and Aethi Starbase 001 was destroyed just because I couldn't get on. Furthermore, I'd rather not have logging onto servers twice a day become like having morning coffee. :|

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    homebase invulnerability is great, actually. It should stay in-game, until repair beams actually WORK and restore missing parts of your ship or station according to the blueprints in memory on the server. ;P

Things cost too much to simply be throwaways after any sort of damage happens, and take too long to build to accept anything less than an invulnerable homebase.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think this would definitely add a new layer of strategy to faction warfare, and make outpost and outlier bases more useful. The faction would then have to defend each of their outer bases to prevent attack to the main one. They might be hard to crack, but not invincible. This would also get rid of the one-man factions as one person couldn't possibly defend six stations at once... Or even just the home base and a single outlier. +1.
    it will stop one man factions. but the reason people have one man factions is because we have been screwed over by people we let into our factions
    its more of a trust issue. i personly stay as a one man faction now since the last time i let other people in they destroyed all my ships and my home base from within.
    because of that i do not help noobs or recruit anyone anymore
    i await for people who i can trust to join my faction. so far only people i realy trust already have there own factions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    it will stop one man factions. but the reason people have one man factions is because we have been screwed over by people we let into our factions
    its more of a trust issue. i personly stay as a one man faction now since the last time i let other people in they destroyed all my ships and my home base from within.
    because of that i do not help noobs or recruit anyone anymore
    i await for people who i can trust to join my faction. so far only people i realy trust already have there own factions
    And for me trust is not the problem, it's the Fact that everyone that joins me disappears.
    (15 out of 16 have disappeared, and the last one is starting to get inactive

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    And for me trust is not the problem, it's the Fact that everyone that joins me disappears.
    (15 out of 16 have disappeared, and the last one is starting to get inactive
    i would let u join me if u wanted
    i consider u an ally and trust u wont screw over my base if i let u in

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    i would let u join me if u wanted
    i consider u an ally and trust u wont screw over my base if i let u in
    Let's not turn this thread into me/you joining our own factions before everyone starts hating for derailing
    (Wait, what if i joined people i wanted to invite's factions? The world will never know.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Let's not turn this thread into me/you joining our own factions before everyone starts hating for derailing
    (Wait, what if i joined people i wanted to invite's factions? The world will never know.)
    lol

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What I dislike about most factions: Good ones are hard to find, and if you find one, they are 40 peoples in one, 37 in the other, 25 in the third and then 100 1-man factions and 10 real-life-friends-only clans.

If you join one of the big, you have even less a goal to aim for and are excluded from most "I am a pirate or bounty hunter" jobs as everybody would then judge the whole faction for your actions thus would get you kicked (or not invited).

Maybe your ingame character should not be threatened as one person, but maybe a family where you can play different members. Currently do-able by alt-accounts, but they should be able to share ships like a faction even though they are individually in maybe different factions, (or not dependent on relation-ship)

Rather than with alt-accounts you would not need to restart the game for switching between family members.

The brother can be a bounty hunter, the sister a mechanic (managing the shipyard), the parents merchants or traders. The player can play all of them.
    You are judged by other players dependent on who you play and have to obey different rules.

Jack NeonSturm : Bounty hunter : good turret aiming while piloting.
    Percy NeonSturm : Mechanic : more system efficiency while on-board.
    Parents Tom / Belana NeonSturm : Traders : Shops which buy some items out of stock at higher prices or sell others for lower while stock is full are marked if you visited another shop nearby before.

NeonSturm: Player and Family Name

Percy could be in a faction while Jack is not. While jack is on-board, other players (a pirate-faction) may have a different diplomacy to you as if only the parents are on-board.

If you like that, tell me (PM, or add a like). With enough likes, I make a suggestion-thread)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    What I dislike about most factions: Good ones are hard to find, and if you find one, they are 40 peoples in one, 37 in the other, 25 in the third and then 100 1-man factions and 10 real-life-friends-only clans.

If you join one of the big, you have even less a goal to aim for and are excluded from most "I am a pirate or bounty hunter" jobs as everybody would then judge the whole faction for your actions thus would get you kicked (or not invited).

Maybe your ingame character should not be threatened as one person, but maybe a family where you can play different members. Currently do-able by alt-accounts, but they should be able to share ships like a faction even though they are individually in maybe different factions, (or not dependent on relation-ship)

Rather than with alt-accounts you would not need to restart the game for switching between family members.

The brother can be a bounty hunter, the sister a mechanic (managing the shipyard), the parents merchants or traders. The player can play all of them.
    You are judged by other players dependent on who you play and have to obey different rules.

Jack NeonSturm : Bounty hunter : good turret aiming while piloting.
    Percy NeonSturm : Mechanic : more system efficiency while on-board.
    Parents Tom / Belana NeonSturm : Traders : Shops which buy some items out of stock at higher prices or sell others for lower while stock is full are marked if you visited another shop nearby before.

NeonSturm: Player and Family Name

Percy could be in a faction while Jack is not. While jack is on-board, other players (a pirate-faction) may have a different diplomacy to you as if only the parents are on-board.

If you like that, tell me (PM, or add a like). With enough likes, I make a suggestion-thread)
    you know wut would be even better than this? people on the server not shredding ur dam base if u invite them to ur faction

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    you know wut would be even better than this? people on the server not shredding ur dam base if u invite them to ur faction
    this issue should be resolved with password (like compare display-block content and return logic-on) or matching-user-name logic.

and build blocks only attachable in build mode and acting like a core (not removable) if it is the last one + structures only editable through build mode or owner (build block locked in with password protection)

ship cores locked in with password protection

Reactions: ltmauve
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    this issue should be resolved with password (like compare display-block content and return logic-on) or matching-user-name logic.

and build blocks only attachable in build mode and acting like a core (not removable) if it is the last one + structures only editable through build mode or owner (build block locked in with password protection)

ship cores locked in with password protection
    that would be good but then wut happens if u shoot out the core? if its password locked will that password stay even if the core is spiked? cause then that makes blowing other peoples ships up for ur own use useless

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    that would be good but then wut happens if u shoot out the core? if its password locked will that password stay even if the core is spiked? cause then that makes blowing other peoples ships up for ur own use useless
    nah, more thought of locking the core room with password-logic and plex-doors below your feet + forced gravity (areas inaccessible without gravity)

The prevention against stealing ships should require dis-integrators (blow up if triggered, but not if killed) which trigger when logic blocks in walls enclosing the core are killed.

Afaik logic blocks can trigger invisible area triggers and with these the controller, making integrity checks possible. Having to kill area triggers enclosed by some you have to NOT kill should be almost impossible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    nah, more thought of locking the core room with password-logic and plex-doors below your feet + forced gravity (areas inaccessible without gravity)

The prevention against stealing ships should require dis-integrators (blow up if triggered, but not if killed) which trigger when logic blocks in walls enclosing the core are killed.
    well then we need key pad logic blocks that lock anything they are linked too unless destroyed or the right code inputted
    and if u wanted self destruct use dis intagrators linked to area sensors

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    well then we need key pad logic blocks that lock anything they are linked too unless destroyed or the right code inputted
    and if u wanted self destruct use dis intagrators linked to area sensors
    Yes. Just use display blocks and make them outputting true if the contain content from an slaved display.
    Infinite loops impossible. Calculations restricted to 140 letters per user input. Lag impossible.

There could be display-slaves which compare their whole content to the content of a display block, each line or just each word. Maybe you get 2 text-boxes, one for style+compare-rules, one for the actual text.

Reaction score
    I think homebases should stay as they are. Maybe make it a option for hardcore servers, but it shouldn't be in vanilla.
    I just think that there should always be this safe haven for a faction to avoid getting completely obliterated/destroyed during offline-time.

What we need is an encouragement to make more secondary, vulnerable bases which factions can then fight for. Which isn't really possible before we have a working economy (or on RP servers).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think homebases should stay as they are. Maybe make it a option for hardcore servers, but it shouldn't be in vanilla.
    I just think that there should always be this safe haven for a faction to avoid getting completely obliterated/destroyed during offline-time.

What we need is an encouragement to make more secondary, vulnerable bases which factions can then fight for. Which isn't really possible before we have a working economy (or on RP servers).
    if you want people to get out of there base you need something for them to fight for like a planet full of ores and shards, rare items, structure