A solution for mobile shipyards and factories

Reaction score
    The devs are keeping ships useless for those who want to be nomads so that stations will be encouraged, And while it is a valid point it is still unfair and unrealistic to prevent the use of shipyards or factories on mobile platforms.

The solution could be to add two new types of each, The mobile shipyard would be similar to the normal one except the design of the mobile version would be a wireframe cube like this:

It would also be limited in size to a maximum of 20x20x20 block which should hopefully restrict constructions on mobile platforms to Drones, Fighters, Turrets, Shuttles, And small salvagers.

Also the shipyard would required 1.5x the actual building materials needed to make the object, The construction speed would be capped at 25% of the speed of a stationary shipyard. While not unreasonable it would allow ships to perform these tasks while not voiding the purpose of stations.

Factories:
    The way mobile factories would work is simple, A mobile factory is slow and inefficient with 25% the speed and 1.5x the resource gobbling of the normal versions (Same with shipyards.) Also the types of constructable block would be restricted to the basic and standard factory types.

I hope you guys like this idea as i do think this is a simple but effective solution to a major problem

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Overnerfed. I Would say that the lack of homebase protection, the need for a larger infrastructure around a shipyard in order for it to be a usable ship, and perhaps a slight power consumption increase and production speed decrease are all that is needed to make it balanced. But first we MUST have a cargo system, since as it is at the moment one can store materials for infinite drones in a single block, and spam said drones forever.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Not sure if the time currently required to build a 20^3 structure is long enough to consider even a 4x build time any sort of a disadvantage... I'd still think a bigger ship should be able to mount a bigger shipyard.

Reaction score
    Hard caps and limitations are exactly what this game doesn't need, 20x shipyard, regardless of ship size? At the same time, Significantly worse efficiency and build time. If it were implemented under these circumstances, We may as well have just left it out.

While not unreasonable
    This line kills me.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    No.

Stations already have the massive disadvantage of being unmovable objects.

I believe if this was implemented only ships up to 100M long in any direction would be allowed any higher and you need a shipyard A REAL ONE.

Stations need to be > ships even if some of the playerbase disagrees with that.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4