A small logic suggestion

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    When working with logic I ran into two situations I thought could use some improvements.

- When selecting a block with C you see the blocks connected to that with V highlighted in purple. I would like a possibility to reverse see this as well. Select a V block and see the C block that controls it. Sure logic pipes help as well but not for everything. Rails for example.

- The second thing I would like to see if a rail pickup block is active or not. At the moment you’re unsure unless you check the logic behind it. A texture change would do it think.

Reactions: Bladeriker
    Reaction score
    When working with logic I ran into two situations I thought could use some improvements.

- When selecting a block with C you see the blocks connected to that with V highlighted in purple. I would like a possibility to reverse see this as well. Select a V block and see the C block that controls it. Sure logic pipes help as well but not for everything. Rails for example.

- The second thing I would like to see if a rail pickup block is active or not. At the moment you’re unsure unless you check the logic behind it. A texture change would do it think.
    Absolutely, I'd love to see both.
    A request to allow making connections in reverse has been brought up before and has even been "recognized" - I guess just showing them is kind of a prerequisite, so there may be hope.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What would be the best color that is not already in use? Would Red work? If memory serves, blue-green, green, and purple are in use. I think Yellow and pure Blue are still available.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I was thinking more like using SHIFT+V to select the block in normal purple.

Reaction score
    I was thinking more like using SHIFT+V to select the block in normal purple.
    This may be confusing and/or annoying, since SHIFT-V is already used to connect a contiguous group of identical blocks to a controller; I wouldn't want to accidentally link a group if I fail to notice that I already have a controller selected, or get into reverse connection mode if I haven't.

Reaction score
    Yeah, I'd just as soon say select a block, and highlight its master in red. Perhaps also a (Temporary, visible only as long as you're in build mode with that block selected) logic tunnel or line directing you towards the master.
    The line/temp tunnel would also be useful for computer slaves.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This may be confusing and/or annoying, since SHIFT-V is already used to connect a contiguous group of identical blocks to a controller; I wouldn't want to accidentally link a group if I fail to notice that I already have a controller selected, or get into reverse connection mode if I haven't.
    Whoops. My mistake. Should have realised that. I was just thinking of a different type of key combination. ALT or CTRL.

Different colours would work as well but then the question is how do you select the block? Not with C.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Why not with C? If you can select a logic block and see it's slave, then it would make sense to be able to see it's master as well.
    If you want to make connections in reverse, why not do what Valck suggests and use C to select the block, and ALT-V to make a reverse connection?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    For connecting it that would work yes. But what if it is already connected and I want to know what the control block is by selecting the slave?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    For connecting it that would work yes. But what if it is already connected and I want to know what the control block is by selecting the slave?
    Well, then you select the slave as normal ("C") and look for the red outline to see what control block(s) are controlling the block you have selected.