A simple solution for Hull Mechanics

Reaction score
    I like how both McDili and I have announced that we are moving on to another thread, and still people keep this one going.

while I like the realism of your idea, it would actually make hull, as the game currently stands, even more useless. hardened hull can take about 400 damage before breaking. if you have an AMC that does 2000, you could one-shot 5 hardened hull at once.

Reaction score
    Even giant cannons wouldn\'t be able to punch through the thinest of hulls.

But I agree to your original point; Hulls are too weak.

What if hull blocks were taught to recognize how many othe hull blocks are directly behind them, and would multiply their own armor value by that number?

This way, using more and more hull blocks would be just as beneficial as using more and more amc blocks on your weapon.

Reaction score
    Actually if you scroll up you will see where I plugged your thread in a post of mine. I said that I\'d prefer your take on AMC\'s to be implemented instead, because your idea is way more fun.

The idea of reinforcing hull to increase armor is good, gotta be an armor cap though for that to work, else it could get ridiculous.

Reaction score
    Thanks a bunch, btw!

Your topic is looking at the receiving side of all that shooting though, and I admit I totally neglected that aspect so far. Maybe with that last bit one post above, the two theories could make a decent whole.