A simple guide to uploading images

Reaction score
    A simple guide to uploading images

So you don't know how to upload images to the forums?

Does that faction you want to join require images in your application?

or do you just want to show of your building skills?

If so, this guide is for you!

==========================================================================

Step 1 - Whilst in-game and looking at the object you wish to take an image of, hit F6 on your keyboard.

Step 2 - Locate your Starmade folder, open it up and look for the screenshot (saved as a .PNG file), then transfer the file to your desktop.

Step 3 - Open Imgur (http://imgur.com/) and hit the computer button. (i recommend signing up for an account so you can access you images whenever)

?

Step 4 - In the box that opened, click your desktop in the side column and select the image file, hit ok another box will appear.

Step 5 - In the box that appears hit the start upload button, and it will upload the image to the site.

Step 6 - Once the upload has completed you will be taken to the images page, to the left of the image will be a box with several links, copy the one in the area under "Direct Link (email & IM)"

This will allow you to post the image without anyone having to follow a link.

Step 7 - On the forums, hit the 'add image' icon in the toolbar, one clicked a small window will appear, paste the link to your image into the URL area and hit ok, your image should now be on your screen.

========================================================================

Extra stuff:

Try to keep image no wider than 600px as it tends to make the page look very messy.

.GIF files can be uploaded in the same way, one of the upcoming feature will allow you to take a gif of you ship in fully 3d rotation.

========================================================================

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions feel free to post them below.

XxDanclarke96xX

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Please make it sticky :)

Try to keep image no wider than 600px as it tends to make the page look very messy.

I think 500px fits better.

Everytime I have images I have to manually replace \"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Cool guide, I hope you don\'t mind if I post another option (and a rather useful tool overall) for the lazier people who don\'t wanna deal with imgur uploading:

Download app and setup an account with http://puush.me

Press TAB + G ingame to hide GUI

LCTRL + LSHFT + 2 will instantly upload a windowed screenshot

LCTRL + LSHFT + 4 will let you crop the image that is to be uploaded.

(!Only works in windowed mode!)

These shots will be lower in quality than OP\'s method.

Reaction score
    Thanks for your input guys! hopefully we can get this built up to a very useful guide, feel free to add your own guides for different websites!