A ship a day keeps the Pirates at bay

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Day 3 is here! Your mission should you choose to accept it: A salvager ship with a dual role in that it needs to also be able to drain/give power or repair your ship.
    Requirements: any size ship that has both salvagers and at least one of the following: power drain, power transfer, or repair beams.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Day three complete, here she is, my heavy repair drone

I've actually already gone back and fixed a few things I wasn't quite happy with, the body is less boxy now and all the mounts got touchups and I finished the inside of the repair laser which I had forgotten to do in the video.

Reaction score
    I wasn't able to start my fighter until this morning, but here's my Genestealer for the Hive Fleet I'm making on the Starmade40K server

if you want some good 40k tyrannid space pics, look at the battle fleet gothic ship books, they're free on the GW sites as PDF's

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Well, it's day 4! So onward to the next build!
    Today it's all about bombers! Requirements: a bomber with both missiles and at least one either side or underslung docking area for disintegrator bombs.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Hey guys, here are my first couple videos from this challenge. I'll be posting more as I get them out. Enjoy!

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Day5: a transport ship with decent shielding and a planetary lander capable of housing at least one occupant to include a bed/kitchen/computer desk etc.

Here is the video:

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Between being stuck at work for two extra hours, technical difficulties, having to start the build over three times and then the build itself taking two hours to do everything was rushed on this one. A few chunks of the video have been removed. I need to find a balance and only record the more interesting parts of a longer build. You don't need to see endless system placement.

I have not even seen the render before sharing it, I know that's breaking youtuber ethics but I didn't have much of a choice, it was rendered while I slept and uploaded when I went to work, and I am sharing this on my lunch break. (Processing seems to be stuck at 95%, I hope the upload works because my internet died during the upload)

I might have to skip day 5, if I have time I might try to build one but that's a lot of detail and I only have about an hour from the time I get home to the time I need to be unconscious. If I don't have time I'll just submit my M.A.M.M.O.T.H. :p

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Sorry having problems with my video capture today so no speedbuild, but i'll make it up tomorrow. Today's task: a turret ship with at least 3 turrets each turret should be able to kill an isanth relatively easily.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Now
    Sorry having problems with my video capture today so no speedbuild, but i'll make it up tomorrow. Today's task: a turret ship with at least 3 turrets each turret should be able to kill an isanth relatively easily.
    Now I don't feel so bad about not getting a video done yesterday. I left yesterday at 8am, was only home for an hour for lunch, and didn't get home again until 11pm which I took out the trash and promptly fell asleep. I have a concept for the lander challenge so I will be building this ship but it will probably have to wait until tomorrow as the real world beckons me yet again today.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Today is the last day, and for your final challenge, a proper asymmetrical ship, and go for high detail on the hull. Other than that, any purpose or size is admissible.

Day 7:

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Finally finished my Day 5 ship, I'm going to a friends wedding tonight but hopefully I'll have time to at least finish day 6 before the lineup tomorrow.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Day 6 Speed Build:

I don't have a video for day 5 yet, the footage I did capture was already an hour long before I gave up recording. I plan on trying something different for the video though. I don't know if I'll get around to doing day 7 and I can't make it for the lineup on Tuesday. I showed up on Sunday with all my ships only to find out that you rescheduled.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Where are the days past day 4?