A ship a day keeps the Pirates at bay

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    So, I've been building a fair amount lately, and I decided to launch a competition, the details are here in this video:
    So here are the details, build a ship every day for a week and record it or post screenshots, post here(with stats if you want) and at the end I will do a lineup of them if you are on the mushroom fleet server, if you aren't, i'd be glad to come to your server to check out what you've made!

Day1: A micro fighter(no larger than 40 blocks in any direction), combat oriented, turrets/drones etc are all allowed.

Day 2: A small shuttle that can carry at least 2 people in gravity, and land flat on a planet, you should also be able to get into the ship while in planetary gravity easily. No size limit, it can be as big or as small as you want, so go crazy!

Day3: A salvager that with at least one of the following as well: power drain beam, power supply beam, or repair beams. No size limit, and does not need to have an interior(bonus points if it does tho :) )

Day4: A bomber with both missiles and at least one either side or underslung docking area for disintegrator bombs.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with! Enjoy!

Last edited:
    Reactions: rece ktore leczo
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Should the turrets/drones fall within the 40m dimensions? :3

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I'll do my best but sometimes I can't be on as much as I use to :/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Shame I have workshifts from today through whole weekend. I would love to join, I need some motivation to build and to get rid of my artblock.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Personally I don't consider anything over 50 mass a fighter but I need to build a new light corvette that can dock with my carrier, so maybe I'll do that.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    To reply the best I can: Cirdanoth, not necessicarily, but make them to scale, in other words, not 40 meter or larger turrets on a 5m long ship :) if they go over a little that's fine.

Sven_The_Slayer: I understand that, if you want to build to what you consider a fighter, go for it, but I set that limit this time because of an exercise that helped me to get out of my building slump :)

For everyone else, I understand it might be tricky to find time, and I can understand that, I am trying to make sure each ship doesn't take much more than an hour-an hour and a half to build on average. Your milage may vary, but that is the goal.

I didn't include this, but the goal is to get the basics of the ship done in a day, the shell, overall shape, most of the systems etc, if you feel you need to tweak it afterwards, go for it :)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Sven_The_Slayer: I understand that, if you want to build to what you consider a fighter, go for it, but I set that limit this time because of an exercise that helped me to get out of my building slump :)
    Everybody has their own classifications, my "light corvette" will certainly fit the bill for this build. I enjoy building challenges because it help keeps the game from getting stale. I may or may not participate in this as I already have 5 or 6 work in progresses going but the small size means it won't take much time. I wish I could also record the build process and I might have a chance if I drop my visible segments but my older PC can't handle recording starmade. I hope to acquire a capture card to bypass my current hardware limitations.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I recorded my build but my recording software cut out midway through the build so i will have to just post screenshots in the morning :|

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Alright ladies and gents, here is the first ship I built for the "ship a day challenge" the video doesn't show the whole thing finished, but that was because of some other stuff going on. either way, hope you enjoy! I will be releaseing the specs for the next ship shortly :)

Speedbuild here:

Reactions: Creeper__God
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    So, the "A ship a day keeps the pirates at bay" challenge has done really well so far! Awesome to see participation from so many people!

I'ts Day 2 now, and this time, were going the complete opposite way, the challenge today has no size limit, so build whatever size you want! The goal is to build a shuttle/courier/space taxi type ship. It must be able to carry at least 2 passengers in gravity, and land flat on a planet. You must also be able to get in and out of the ship whilst on a planet easily.

The video outlining all of this is here :
    Looking forward to seeing everything you guys build! Enjoy!

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So, the "A ship a day keeps the pirates at bay" challenge has done really well so far! Awesome to see participation from so many people!

I'ts Day 2 now, and this time, were going the complete opposite way, the challenge today has no size limit, so build whatever size you want! The goal is to build a shuttle/courier/space taxi type ship. It must be able to carry at least 2 passengers in gravity, and land flat on a planet. You must also be able to get in and out of the ship whilst on a planet easily.

The video outlining all of this is here :
    Looking forward to seeing everything you guys build! Enjoy!
    LoL, a space taxi, that's an interesting challenge. I've finished the day one challenge.

Building on camera is really an interesting, it caused me to rush and probably make mistakes, like I completely forgot to actually connect the turret enhancers.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    LoL, a space taxi, that's an interesting challenge. I've finished the day one challenge.

Building on camera is really an interesting, it caused me to rush and probably make mistakes, like I completely forgot to actually connect the turret enhancers.

Awesome video mate! lol I like the ship you came up with, and as you said "I've got a ship I'm happy with" which is really the whole point of this challenge :) hopefully, anyone who does the whole thing will have 7 ships they are happy with :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Here's my fighter. I know I'm day late but mine schedule for this weekend is pretty cramped.
    Scarver C9

I will upload this starfighter together with some description tomorrow.

Reactions: kupu and Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    I wasn't able to start my fighter until this morning, but here's my Genestealer for the Hive Fleet I'm making on the Starmade40K server

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    unfortunately my computer broke so I won't be able to participate in this until I fix it :(