A rough idea on when we will have shipyards?

Reaction score
    Right now, I don't have the desire to keep playing until we get shipyards or some kind of auto-repair option. Manually repairing my ship is just too much for me. Is there any rough eta on when this will happen? I know it's a confirmed feature but is there any clue about when it will be here? A month? A few months? Before the end of the year?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    the hp system has took months so far and still isn't finished so it might be a while.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Schema focuses on bits at a time, and the shipyards aren't dependent on the HP changes (it should come before imho). We don't really have any form of roadmap, we merely know all that once was and all that will be, but not the in-between. Hopefully it is soon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think everyone wants it to be soon, maybe after the rail system update

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Don't worry there are now 3 programmers in Schine. Progress should speed up :)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Right now, I don't have the desire to keep playing until we get shipyards or some kind of auto-repair option. Manually repairing my ship is just too much for me. Is there any rough eta on when this will happen? I know it's a confirmed feature but is there any clue about when it will be here? A month? A few months? Before the end of the year?
    Currently, its pointless to manually repair anything more than superficial damage.

When you finish your ship, save the blueprint. If it takes any damage that requires more than a minute or two to fix, just delete the entire ship and respawn it from a blueprint.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Currently, its pointless to manually repair anything more than superficial damage.

When you finish your ship, save the blueprint. If it takes any damage that requires more than a minute or two to fix, just delete the entire ship and respawn it from a blueprint.

If you have a ship where it's worth respawning it the hard way, you have at least 30 minutes of hard turret cleanup work in addition to just salvaging it.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you have a ship where it's worth respawning it the hard way, you have at least 30 minutes of hard turret cleanup work in addition to just salvaging it.
    Usually by the time my ship is beaten badly enough to warrant a full respawn, I don't have that many turrets left. And respawning from blueprints brings the turrets along with it, so haven't had any need to fix them after the spawn.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Usually by the time my ship is beaten badly enough to warrant a full respawn, I don't have that many turrets left. And respawning from blueprints brings the turrets along with it, so haven't had any need to fix them after the spawn.
    In most of my ships, one large-ish missile crater or being cheesed by a punchthrough burst cuts down enough of its efficiency that I have to salvage and replace with under 5% mass loss, or I risk getting mangled by enemy faction ships.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    In most of my ships, one large-ish missile crater or being cheesed by a punchthrough burst cuts down enough of its efficiency that I have to salvage and replace with under 5% mass loss, or I risk getting mangled by enemy faction ships.
    Maybe you should reconsider your critical system placement?

Reaction score