Welcome to our new team members!

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Greetings,

Today I'd like to officially welcome some new team members to Schine. We have 4 "new" team members to welcome, some of which have been working with us in secret for a few months now.

In order of joining our team...

The first "new" team member is Kramer Campbell (kramerc), although Kramer has been working with us for a few months now, we have not officially welcomed him to our team. Kramer is our web developer, he's been working hard on the Citizens Registry, Council, Forums and our main website. Kramer has been a huge help, progress on the web front is now coming along faster than ever before.

The second "new" team member is Zanaten , or more commonly known as "Saber" from his YT channel GamingwithSaber. Saber joined our team a few months back, as a 3D artist, he's been working on some very exciting projects in that time. Saber is now our 3D Art Director, he's our team lead in the 3D department and we're seeing a lot of progress since he's joined, what's been done so far is really amazing, so look forward to seeing that.

I know a rumor has been going around recently that a certain developer has joined our team. This rumor happens to be true (although, not all of what has been said is true). I'd like to welcome bspkrs to our team. bspkrs or "briefcase speakers" is joining our game development team. For now he will be focusing on fixing bugs, for those of you watching the bugtracker, you would have noticed a few bugs being handled and fixed by him. Some of you may know bspkrs from Minecraft, he's a member of the MCP Team (Mod Coder Pack for Minecraft) and has developed/continued some great MC mods you can see here.

Along with bspkrs, we have another developer joining our game development team. micdoodle8 , he is also from the Minecraft modding scene. micdoodle8 has developed the popular Minecraft space mod, Galacticraft, which I'm sure some of you will be familiar with. micdoodle8 is currently focusing on a new launcher and along with bspkrs, bug fixing.

2015 is looking to be a great year for us, and we're confident StarMade is going to greatly benefit from these new additions. If you're curious to see our other current team members, we have an about page.

Thanks for playing StarMade!

- SM Team

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    The second "new" team member is Zanaten, or more commonly known as "Saber" from his YT channel GamingwithSaber. Saber joined our team a few months back, as a 3D artist, he's been working on some very exciting projects in that time. Saber is now our 3D Art Director, he's our team lead in the 3D department and we're seeing a lot of progress since he's joined, what's been done so far is really amazing, so look forward to seeing that.
    What happened to omni?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    BRILLIANT! Welcome to the Starmade community guys! You'll fit right in :)

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Welcome to the community to the 3 new guys, and yay for Saber/Zanaten. :)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    TWO new devs?!!

Now just get them working on the fucking modding api >_>

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Awesome Sauce! Minecraft vets are joining the mix.

and Congrats, Zanaten . time to kick development into overdrive!

therimmer96

Reaction score
    seriously though. You now have 2 experienced modders on the team. You're excuses for not having a modding api are reducing :P

Reactions: Will2brown
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    "the guy from galacticraft"

the tables really have turned!

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    TWO new devs?!!

Now just get them working on the fucking modding api >_>
    Maybe it's better if they focus on bug fixing for a few months, would be nice to decrease the large pile of bugs laying around. Also notice that dukeofrealms said "For now he will be focusing on fixing bugs..." so I assume that they will do more than that, possibly working on the modding api? or helping schema with adding features?

Besides, making a modding api for a game that has 300 000+ lines of code is impossible if you are not familiar with most of it.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Welcome to the team, guys. Hope you enjoy your stay :D

bspkrs has been known about for several days, but micdoodle8 is news. This is better than I'd hoped for - not just one new coder, but two? :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hello! Glad to see new members to the team. I figured bspkrs was gonna join. I followed him on Twitter a few days ago. I can't believe we got the maker of Galacticraft to join. This looks like we are gonna have good mod support in the future! Welcome everyone! Hurrah for Saber and kramerc too! Lets give the new team a welcoming hug! *hugs new team addition. Also hugs schema*

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Howdy, and welcome to team grumpy cat.

Reaction score
    um ok what?????????? sure saber is cool and all but. Right schine says that they don't want to create favoritism OK fine. but when you make someone like saber a member of the team someone who has a YouTube channel that dose starmade that is favoritism and i am not trying to demise saber in any way this is not a rant about him, not at all this is about the Hippocrates in schine who say "we do not want to create favoritism in the community". to clarify favoritism can only be applied from schine when 1. they have a YouTube channel 2. they are a server owner. is there more than that probably but this is what apples for now. so tell me why someone who has a YouTube channel and is co-owner of a server suddenly becomes a member of schine. what about guys like general von doom or mushroom fleet. schine has said that they cannot be given favoritis treatment yet schine gives saber, who dose exactly what mushroom fleet and general do, a position in schine that is vairy powerful, and don't say it's not because The responsibilities of a creative director include leading the communication design, interactive design, and concept forward in any work assigned. this means that saber has final word on a model. that is vary powerful so tell me shine how is this not favoritism. please make any excuse you want. go ahead humor me.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    um ok what?????????? sure saber is cool and all but. Right schine says that they don't want to create favoritism OK fine. but when you make someone like saber a member of the team someone who has a YouTube channel that dose starmade that is favoritism and i am not trying to demise saber in any way this is not a rant about him, not at all this is about the Hippocrates in schine who say "we do not want to create favoritism in the community". to clarify favoritism can only be applied from schine when 1. they have a YouTube channel 2. they are a server owner. is there more than that probably but this is what apples for now. so tell me why someone who has a YouTube channel and is co-owner of a server suddenly becomes a member of schine. what about guys like general von doom or mushroom fleet. schine has said that they cannot be given favoritis treatment yet schine gives saber, who dose exactly what mushroom fleet and general do, a position in schine that is vairy powerful, and don't say it's not because The responsibilities of a creative director include leading the communication design, interactive design, and concept forward in any work assigned. this means that saber has final word on a model. that is vary powerful so tell me shine how is this not favoritism. please make any excuse you want. go ahead humor me.
    Yeah, okay. I am known for being one of the "loud" voices about favouritism from schine to certain members of the community, but let me stop you right there.

I'm sure Saber actually has some skills in 3d modelling, and those are what got him in. Sure, being friendly with schine may have helped him get the job, but the same is said for literally any other company ever. Even I got my job because I was close to the owners. Being close to schine and getting the job is a good thing. they clearly already have a good relationship and can work well. I would be more worried about people whom no one has ever heard of getting the job, with no credentials to show. Admitedly, I had no idea Saber could 3d model, but if he can, good for him, and good for schine hiring someone who is already a keen member of the community, rather than hiring someone who may end up not liking the game and leaving.

Favoritism is an issue when it relates to none schine members getting access to news before other people, NOT schines decisions on hiring people. They are not going to pass up an opportunity for a well skilled member of staff just because some people dont like a youtube channel

Well done saber, I look forward to your future work. Having a new 3d modeller on the team hints to a prettier future (chairs pls) :)

Edit
    Can we please not turn another thread into a massive shit flinging contest?

Reaction score
    Yeah, okay. I am known for being one of the "loud" voices about favouritism from schine to certain members of the community, but let me stop you right there.

I'm sure Saber actually has some skills in 3d modelling, and those are what got him in. Sure, being friendly with schine may have helped him get the job, but the same is said for literally any other company ever. Even I got my job because I was close to the owners. Being close to schine and getting the job is a good thing. they clearly already have a good relationship and can work well. I would be more worried about people whom no one has ever heard of getting the job, with no credentials to show. Admitedly, I had no idea Saber could 3d model, but if he can, good for him, and good for schine hiring someone who is already a keen member of the community, rather than hiring someone who may end up not liking the game and leaving.

Favoritism is an issue when it relates to none schine members getting access to news before other people, NOT schines decisions on hiring people. They are not going to pass up an opportunity for a well skilled member of staff just because some people dont like a youtube channel

Well done saber, I look forward to your future work. Having a new 3d modeller on the team hints to a prettier future (chairs pls) :)

Edit
    Can we please not turn another thread into a massive shit flinging contest?
    relay clearly you did not read my post because i am not attacking saber i am addressing shine and that is all i will say on the subject. plus saber has only made at the most 4 models for shine. if there is more i would be glad to be proven wrong.

therimmer96

Reaction score

relay clearly you did not read my post because i am not attacking saber i am addressing shine and that is all i will say on the subject. plus saber has only made at the most 4 models for shine. if there is more i would be glad to be proven wrong.
    You're questioning their decision to hire him based on the previous favoritism issues, that is what I responded too.