A request from China

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    We are the Chinese players, although currently less than 100 people, but we want to have a Chinese version, because most people do not understand English and give up the game

Reaction score
    If i were schema, i wouldn\'t make a chineese version. This is because the game\'s still in alpha, and all effort should be focused on making new awesome features, not translations.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I\'d translate to all the laungages. You can\'t have only Chinese and English.

Reaction score
    I have intercepted a transmission, that impacted our relay network with such force, at first we thought it to be a solar eruption. It reads as follows;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puny flesh-things!

I, the envoy of the Mighty Krog Empire, am thoroughly insulted!

My gentle, kind-hearted and bloodthirsty people DEMAND to receive the first translation to our native tongue, despite the fact that it mostly consists of 700 subtle variations of the word \"MURDER\", and the rest is filled up by incoherent yelling, waving, and gunshots.

We also refuse to acknowledge that there\'s absolutely nothing we\'d actually need to be able to read in the game to be able to properly play it. Our fierce and noble pride in the genocides committed by our forefathers would never allow it.

Yours truly,

Krog Kroglax, High Mangler-Lord of Gorestain Prime.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That, and seventeen pages of crayon drawings in a color disturbingly reminiscent of dried blood, depicting various and inventive scenes of huge, burly, spiky creatures maiming humans, no doubt intended as a subtle indicator of what might happen if their most polite request were to be refused.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A translation of StarMade to English was hard enough (From my understanding, schema\'s first language is Deutsch.) And a translation to a language nowhere near a Germanic language may take months, or years. Granted, this will probably come, sooner or later.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Easiest solution:

Put the UI-related text into dedicated XML/Generic text files.

This way they can be modded (oh, look, this word again) by the community/ies of their respective language without having schema doing all the work by himself.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That\'s for ease of application.

But most UI-related messages are hardcoded... Like the tutorial and the raiding party notifications.

There do are some texts moddable atm, tho.

The block descriptions, for instance, are in the BlockConfig.xml file, which can easly be accessed, modified and shared. I was thinking about it, infact, when i said that the simpliest solution would be making XML/Generic text files for the UI messages.