A new station & ship competition.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think the community is skilled enough with the rails to start a new station competition.
    after this time, we know that there are no glitches present in the rails, so it is safe to use.
    i'd like to see stations with the rail system in them, it would be a perfect refresh of the outdated stations.

for the ships, just a few new designs would be really nice, and also different designs for the trade guild.
    pirates and the trade guild wouldn't use the same sort of ships.

i schema agrees with the outdated stations, i think it is best to anounce a competition now.
    and start after the inter rail movement update, thi will gave builders their time to prepare ideas and such.

Reactions: MeRobo
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like this idea, and i do think that we need more veriety in the ship department as also in the station one.
    The problem is that this is something that can be done server side, and unless there is a greater purpose for these stations and ships
    (ocasional TG vs pirates battle, patroling etc...) I do not see it as a high priority feature.

Than again, I am a fish, so what do i know?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like this idea, and i do think that we need more veriety in the ship department as also in the station one.
    The problem is that this is something that can be done server side, and unless there is a greater purpose for these stations and ships
    (ocasional TG vs pirates battle, patroling etc...) I do not see it as a high priority feature.

Than again, I am a fish, so what do i know?
    it doesn't need high priority, because it takes up almost no work for schema.
    even less because of the council, together with voting schema only needs to put the designs in.
    the competition is between community people, and schema team if they have free time that they want to use to play their game :D
    i think it would take about 15 minutes max of their time, not so much so let the competition begin! (please)

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    A full-on competition to replace stations that are good in themselves, just outdated, seems like a bit much. Get someone to refit the stations with rail turrets and maybe a few elevators, and that should be enough.

The Isanth could surely use an upgtade, but again, no need to replace it entirely. A trading guild ship competition sounds like good idea, on the other hand.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A full-on competition to replace stations that are good in themselves, just outdated, seems like a bit much. Get someone to refit the stations with rail turrets and maybe a few elevators, and that should be enough.

The Isanth could surely use an upgtade, but again, no need to replace it entirely. A trading guild ship competition sounds like good idea, on the other hand.
    simply updating them would be a waste of time...... new looks a bigger variety of stations, not exact the same stations with rail docked turrets, like i would care about that. it's about the variety of stations, it must take longer to exualy visit every sort of station.

Many servers import additional stations from the community content section or their own players. Well, whatever.

I think any updated stations should also include universal docking ports. http://starmadedock.net/threads/introducing-usd-type-1-updated.7305/
    starmade is a game, you can't bring out a game that is only good in servers.
    single player mode must contain a variety of stations and ships, otherwise the value of the game decreases.
    i agree that servers can and have other stations besides the usual ones, that doesn't mean that a bigger variety of stations and ships shouldn't be added.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Many servers have custom ships and stations, so I do not see the purpose of getting rid of something that to an extent is still deadly and still cool. If you wish to get custom ones on your game, just put some blueprints in the designated folder and enjoy.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think a new station contest would be a lot of fun. The stations we have are interesting, but were severely limited in motion, so a refit won't give us the clever changes we crave. (Full on rotating sections, moving solar panels, sliding doors, rising dock platforms, motion to simulate on-board "life" like factories and rail cars, etc.)

However, I think a contest can wait a few more major updates. The players at large will appreciate new content, but it may be best to wait until some more new elements are introduced.

Plus, I think a few new rules will need to be implemented, in light of what we learned from the results of the first contest. For example, despite the novelty, a lack of missile-attack warning caused the pirate station with the built-in nuke launcher to frustrate some gamers.