• Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Sorry for being so slow.

Tick this one off the list.

Reactions: CaptainTaz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Woot! So we will see this in the next update? Can we get a preview?

tangent: I was thinking. I'm going to like using this block, but it seems like such a waste of a block id. A block has six sides with four rotations each, 24 possible rotations. Would it be possible to combine some of the decorative stuff? Have one texture per side, getting six decorations per block? Not sure how this would be done in the shop tho. Oh well.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Woot! So we will see this in the next update? Can we get a preview?

tangent: I was thinking. I'm going to like using this block, but it seems like such a waste of a block id. A block has six sides with four rotations each, 24 possible rotations. Would it be possible to combine some of the decorative stuff? Have one texture per side, getting six decorations per block? Not sure how this would be done in the shop tho. Oh well.
    Yea it's possible, but simply not very practical for most applications. It requires builders to hide or embed blocks more than they already have to.

I've always tried to give the builders more options, not less. ^^

Reactions: PizzaPress
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Is this the place to request official keyboard deco wedges?

Made some custom ones once and they looked pretty good with the blocky computers.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

Made some custom ones once and they looked pretty good with the blocky computers.
    Yeah, I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this... except it probably goes in Kupu's Thread, not here. Anyway... Fans!

...Fans!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold

You can "officially" ask here if you like, yes. Do you have an example of what exactly you're after? I'm just picturing a block of keys.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    To be honest I'd rather wait for actual decorational models than kind of hacked in blocks with textures - the way I'd hope for actual furniture rather than rough combination of blocks.

Reactions: Lecic and Ithirahad

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You can "officially" ask here if you like, yes. Do you have an example of what exactly you're after? I'm just picturing a block of keys.
    Personally, I'm picturing a control panel with a keyboard and some kind of screen... Kind of like the weapons computers.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Personally I'd like all keys on the sloped portion of the wedge. We already had a lot of good monitor type blocks. Maybe even emit a tiny amount of light, the same color as the majority of the keys? What do you guys think? Maybe a really small portion on the side can be dedicated to a touch screen type thing.

Reactions: Chevalleis

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Personally I'd like all keys on the sloped portion of the wedge.
    Unfortunately, the way rotations are currently handled makes this impossible. We could set it up for a single direction, but upon rotating would cause all sorts of graphical mess.

This may get changed in the future, but no point putting this ahead of gameplay mechanics.

I'll try task the council with some decorative option polls or requests if they're willing. Could be a great way to pool ideas and fit a varied amount of build styles.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Perhaps this could be integrated into a life support block? Giving it an onboard function, rather than just a decoration.
    Or perhaps make it a module that connects to a life support block, like the effect modules connect to effect computers.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Unfortunately, the way rotations are currently handled makes this impossible. We could set it up for a single direction, but upon rotating would cause all sorts of graphical mess.

This may get changed in the future, but no point putting this ahead of gameplay mechanics.

I'll try task the council with some decorative option polls or requests if they're willing. Could be a great way to pool ideas and fit a varied amount of build styles.
    Well, then what's the point of Schema implementing sided textures on wedges? As usual, what's been started needs to be finished... :\

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Well, then what's the point of Schema implementing sided textures on wedges? As usual, what's been started needs to be finished... :\
    Probably just reusing the vertex order or something.
    Something usually has to be intentionally started for it to be finished. ^^