a new battlecruiser [WIP]

Reaction score
    I currently work on a new ship and wanted to share it with you all :D

I am always open for criticism and suggestions.

as always many turrets

Reaction score
    That is beautiful. Why can\'t I give you an upvote or seven? I\'d be happy even with just the WIP version, could I help in some way?

Reaction score
    Sadly no because it is intended for the use of my faction and if you helped I would feel obliged to give you the ship as well. But they don\'t play that much recently and as every builder I wanted some feedback on my build so I posted it here.

But thanks for your praise of my ship :D and maybe some other time we can build together, are you in a builder faction?

Reaction score
    Update

ok so I was not satisfied with the front of the ship so I redid the complete front. It is jet not finished so I will not reveal the front. But I will show you what I did to the missile systems.

the left crater was the old missile system the right an attempt of the new one

So then I build a little more and locked for a new planet for test shooting

this is the planet before I opened fire.

and this after shooting

as you can see some missiles got through the planet so I made a target out of normal hull

So the missiles penetrated 40 hull blocks with one shoot. I am quite satisfied with this result :D

next Update maybe tomorrow

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That thing is too amazing. You need to take it off the forums right now so I stop crying about how pitiful my ships are in comparison.

In all seriousness, congrats dude/dudette, that ship is amazingly good looking and scary. Can\'t wait for more updates!

Reaction score
    Glad you like my work. And I will probably be able to show some progress today in the evening

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Right now it looks like the tail end is going to be pretty boxy. Maybe you could move the engines into the gap around the power system so you can do more interesting shapes in the rear. Aside from that looks awesome

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Not making this in Hardhull is something you will regret later..Nice buid though!

Reaction score
    I don\'t plan to reveal the engines the blocky engines will be inside the ship.

And the way the armor is now hardened hull has no real purpose. Any weapon that can break my shields will tear through one layer of hardened hull like the hot knife through butter. And since AMC don\'t penetrate a hull block they destroy, a normal hull that gets destroyed from on AMC hit with 800 damage is as good as on hardened hull getting destroyed from one AMC with 800 damage. And if I remember correctly normal hull cost 200 credits and the hardened hull 5000. So all a armor of hardened hull does is making the ship more expansive. So what I will do is normal hull outside and then I put as much shield blocks as I can behind it. Schema may change the hardened hull, then I would have to change that.

And I can always use smedit to change the whole armor to hardened hull.

Reaction score
    Update

And the front I was able to cram even more missiles in this thing

now there are 41510 blocks of d1000 in 143 arrays most 10x5x5 blocks and some smaller ones I was to lasy to dug out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I wasn\'t aware of what your were doing with the tail section. Looks like it will turn out nice. You going to do something with all the excess shields up front?

Reaction score
    Of curse I have not finished the front. I like to build a little bit then switch to another part of the ship and come back later to see if I still like it. I have to say I am not entirely pleased with the front section. I liked the form of the first one. Maybe I will give this one an angular armor section to, I will try.

today I have theater but tomorrow I have time to build in the evening, so expect some updates then.

oh, and I am now on the Saturn building server.

Reaction score
    And when I have finished this one I can give you the WIP ships, too. So you can see how you would have finished it.

Reaction score
    Update

I was able to build a little on the front section and can proudly present to you .... tatata

because nothing say your are fucked more than heavy guns, many heavy guns ... and rockets ... lots of them. Jea she is not a shy lady, she shows what she has got :D

stay tuned for more updates :D

Reaction score
    I once made a giant box of gun with marginally better stats than this. To think that this battlecruiser will look and function better than a giant box of gun is really, really, scary.

Reaction score
    So just for you all to see how many energy weapons the Ares has here some pictures of the inside of the ship. I was not able to get all of them but almost :D

she has 27.000 blocks of AMC in 90 groups. So basically the design is 10x5x5 AMC then 10x5x5 d1000 then 10x5x5 AMC ....

Reaction score
    Update

Ok so I worked a little on the back of the ship, I don\'t really know if I like it yet. So what do you guys and girls say?

And as you can see I added some Energie blocks .... and that means more energy ... what means more AMC cannons ... which means more missiles :D

Ok I know it is not this obvious, but there are 2000 AMC blocks more now, d1000 ... well more did not count :D

A question what do you think the way the AMC systems now works for each new array I have to pay a greater price in energy. Would it be better to switch to 20x5x5 blocks rather than the 10x5x5?