A knee jerk-reaction on knee jerk-reactions

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Schine is heavily biased towards the PvE and RP players. Thats just a fact.
    Take the power 2.0 update for example. While most people thought the power system needed balancing, everyone BUT the PvE RP players hated Schine's idea. And instead of listening to the majority of players who actually knew 2 shits about what they were talking about, Schine went with the RP and PvE players, cuz they were the ones most likely to suck the devs off after it inevitably failed.
    Not correct.

And I would say that opinion on systems 2.0 isn't directly divided along (silly, damaging) player classifications. The people who don't like it are the ones who knew the old system best (which corresponds pretty well to people who are experienced PvP players, hence the illusion), because these are the people that effectively "lose" their knowledge, expertise, and prestige if the system they were experts in is thrown out.

So for example a player who loves nothing better than PvP and joins SM tomorrow isn't going to be opposed to systems 2.0
    And as a milder example, myself, who joined not long before systems 2.0 was announced, has found it much easier to accept (although I was against the change at first) than the experts in the old systems, although I'm neither PvE nor RP.

And the people emotionally flailing against systems 2.0 are going to hate any replacement no matter what it is, because the crux of their angst is the (partial) loss of their expertise.
    Both of you are wrong

Plenty of experienced PvP players were excited for power 2.0 but have since been extremely disappointed with how poorly it was balanced and implemented.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    its not even released yet and I think that might be the easy to forget part.
    Yes, but from developer comments and other things it's evident that not much is going to change from here on in. Just bugfixes. I could be wrong.

Reaction score
    If it gets released, experienced players will be able to figure it out much quicker than most.
    "If"?

Surely you don't seriously think that's undecided at this point.
    Schine has been working on it for the last 6 months (inaccurate number?), that's a lot of time (money), too much for something that may or may not happen.

Yes, I agree, experienced players will probably pick it up faster than newer players, but it will still take time to develop the same level of knowledge they have about systems 1.0.

Shields and power are already available to experiment with, you either get on board now or plan to spend some time later playing catch-up to people with less total experience, but more systems 2.0 experience, than you...

G

GDPR 302420

No one is 'maliciously attacking the PvP' community and the rest of the community isn't 'hostile'.

25 SMD users, including several veterans who have been here since the begining, a few PvE affiliated and a former moderator who knows more about the subject then anyone else here say otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    And the people emotionally flailing against systems 2.0 are going to hate any replacement no matter what it is, because the crux of their angst is the (partial) loss of their expertise.
    The PvP community doesn't hate new power because its new, they just don't like how broken and exploitable it will be, and how they will be punished for not conforming to RP standards, not because they'll lose their "knowledge". Also its important to keep in mind that the more industrious players will quickly learn the new mechanics and develop strategies on how to most efficiently use said mechanics.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    and how they will be punished for not conforming to RP standards
    If that were true, I might not be as annoyed with the system, actually. :P

It punishes you for not conforming to some strange arrangement requirements that don't really have much to do with RP, or for building a ship that isn't a funny stick/dumbbell shape.

Last edited:

The_Owl

Alpha is not an excuse
    Reaction score
    I'd have been fine if power 2.0 was adding chambers and the power priority system IMO. Don't like stabilisers and power gen, and the fact schine seems to have ignored, maliciously or not, solutions put forth by the playerbase leaves a poor taste in my mouth.