A.I. orientation on turret weapons has changed?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm playing around with Halo UNSC-style orbital defense platforms and the two I've found don't seem to work. This one is by Maartenall, and it looks great and packs a reasonably powerful damage beam. This one is a larger, older version by SkylordLuke. I'm not sure if it's due to an update, but they both have the same problem:

The main weapons systems point up instead of forward, rendering them useless offensively.

When they were built, the AI would recognize this and compensate by rotating the station so that the weapon was aimed at the enemy ship. I contacted Maartenall and they confirmed that this was the case. Since the platforms were built though, I'm assuming something was changed in the AI that they don't take the weapon orientation into account. This mean the core will point itself forward at the enemy and fire its weapon off into space, 90 degrees in the wrong direction.
    Any advice on how to fix this or are these platform designs doomed to a pre-update afterlife?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I'm playing around with Halo UNSC-style orbital defense platforms and the two I've found don't seem to work. This one is by Maartenall, and it looks great and packs a reasonably powerful damage beam. This one is a larger, older version by SkylordLuke. I'm not sure if it's due to an update, but they both have the same problem:

The main weapons systems point up instead of forward, rendering them useless offensively.

When they were built, the AI would recognize this and compensate by rotating the station so that the weapon was aimed at the enemy ship. I contacted Maartenall and they confirmed that this was the case. Since the platforms were built though, I'm assuming something was changed in the AI that they don't take the weapon orientation into account. This mean the core will point itself forward at the enemy and fire its weapon off into space, 90 degrees in the wrong direction.
    Any advice on how to fix this or are these platform designs doomed to a pre-update afterlife?
    Just replace the weapon comps with a forward facing version for now.