Suggested A great idea (This will be amazing!)

Reaction score
    Hello, as I am not new this is a new account, I have actually been with the community for about 3 years now, and watching it grow ever since is amazing. Especially the jump drive system. Although this new idea/suggestion if added could get rid of the current jump drive or just keep it in for others who wish to use it. I have a suggestion about adding a system with modules (The modules decreasing the power cost per second) that allows you to go into "hyper-space" or sub-space. Where, the longer your in it the more your power is drained. So it will take a great deal of power to stay in it, and the power cost can be depend on the size of your ship. And it could be activated/deactivated like a radar jammer, while active, in the hotbar it is tinted with blue, and then when deactivating it and dropping you out of sub-space/hyper-space, (I am going to call it hyper-space), and then it has a cooldown before it can be reused. Say you run out of power while in hyper-space, it wont cost any energy to drop out, but if you run out of energy while in it, I am thinking of it acting like going near a star, and your ship can start to deteriorate. Granted, this was inspired by Stargate: Atlantis, but it was such an awesome idea i was hoping I could use it in this game, so I made my account and put it here.

Reaction score
    A better FTL system is planned. We don't know yet what form it will take, but I hope not this one. You should be able to jump a distance determined by the relative size of your FTL system, not based on how much power your ship has. Charge, not constant cost. You should charge the system, then jump whatever distance you can/want to. Assuming it acts like most systems we have so far.

Anyway, there's my 3 cents.

Reactions: alij331

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    a very frequently suggested feature. I do think that the jump drive system will be revamped at some point but again most of it is still in the planning phases. No real details yet.

However I do have to remind ppl that there will be a super long distance FTL system in the form of "Hyper Drive". This has been recomfirmed by bench since it hasn't been mentioned in a very long time.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Maybe try a title instead of :( hyperbolic click-bait.
    The hyperbolic clickbait is really annoying. And honestly, if he's really been lurking for 3 years, he sure hasn't been reading very well. His planet suggestions and hyperspace one have both been suggested about 5000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times for every atom of hydrogen in the universe.

Reaction score
    The hyperbolic clickbait is really annoying. And honestly, if he's really been lurking for 3 years, he sure hasn't been reading very well. His planet suggestions and hyperspace one have both been suggested about 5000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times for every atom of hydrogen in the universe.
    I haven't been "lurking" I have just been playing it for that long. I just created an account so I could post my idea, and sorry for the clickbait, I honestly don't know why I did that I wont do it in the future, as I hate clickbait as well.