A few suggestions for Starmade

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    As I have played Starmade there have been some features I have found myself wanting to see added to Starmade So I thought why not list them here maybe someones listening or knows that some/all of these will indeed be added to the game at some point,

1 Some form of an FTL Drive Would be a nice addition for those of us who have a base far out from the normal space routes.

2 Laser Weapons, The trusty AMC's have done a great job so far, but I would like to see a laser weapon system added to the game at some point.

3 Tow Cable/Grappling Cable The concept is simple enough, just some way to drag the wreck of your enemies back to your station where you can decide what you wish to do with it later.

4 Overheating Module/Removing Limiters, pushing systems passed the safe limit to get a little more from them but they could fail in the process.

5 Subsystem Power adjustment, Goes along with #4 in a way by giving you the ability to turn down the power from one subsystem and adding it to another to give it a boost.

6 EW/ECM/ECCM capabilities We have the start of this with cloaks so perhaps modules to make things such as turret tracking slower or less accurate? just a thought.

7 Warning Klaxon, We have the visual but I haven't noticed any audio with it, so why not add a warning note when you are taking damage? or perhaps if you are being engaged with Electronic Warfare.

Some of this is probably already in the works, but it was worth suggesting anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Regards Harlock

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Hi!
    1 Some form of an FTL Drive Would be a nice addition for those of us who have a base far out from the normal space routes.
    happening(eventually)
    2 Laser Weapons, The trusty AMC's have done a great job so far, but I would like to see a laser weapon system added to the game at some point.
    happening

everything else I either don't know or don't know if I can talk about

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    There's several threads about that. Look around. Or, here's one right here: http://starmadedock.net/threads/poll-for-ftl-travel.439/
    Happening. See both Q and A's
    3 Tow Cable/Grappling Cable The concept is simple enough, just some way to drag the wreck of your enemies back to your station where you can decide what you wish to do with it later.
    A type of Forced docking system? Ask about this at the next Q&A, I'd love to find out the response.
    Though, I do remember hearing something about a block that generates a local gravity field, maybe that would work?
    4 Overheating Module/Removing Limiters, pushing systems passed the safe limit to get a little more from them but they could fail in the process.
    Possible, but the devs would have to be very careful not to allow exploits. Probably more work that it's worth. Q&A question.
    5 Subsystem Power adjustment, Goes along with #4 in a way by giving you the ability to turn down the power from one subsystem and adding it to another to give it a boost.
    Logic update. You could create a "dimmer" switch for certain systems, that would toggle them on and off so that the other systems get more power, or just turn them off all together.
    6 EW/ECM/ECCM capabilities We have the start of this with cloaks so perhaps modules to make things such as turret tracking slower or less accurate? just a thought.
    What do these stand for?
    7 Warning Klaxon, We have the visual but I haven't noticed any audio with it, so why not add a warning note when you are taking damage? or perhaps if you are being engaged with Electronic Warfare.
    There is a sound given when your hull starts taking damage. It sounds like a big fist pounding on the outside of your hull.

I like suggestion 3 and 4 :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    EW/ECM/ECCM Those are Electronic Warfare, Electronic Countermeasures, and Electronic Counter-Countermeasures respectively

Reaction score
    Grappling is going to happen, and it will be like forced docking at a distance.
    EW is sort of getting implemented with the new weapons I think, but only like the current pulsator weapon. We do have jamming already to stop turrets.

Reactions: Fwyrl