A Few Missile Changes

Reaction score
    Dumb missiles should be immune to point defense. They're tough enough to aim already and outmatched by every missile in the game. Might as well give them some sort of boost

Missile/Cannon should be more powerful at 100%, currently the missile blocks do 1 damage each at 100%, on top of that they have a much slower firing rate than cannons which do the same amount of damage. Perhaps give it a degree of inaccuracy to make it more of a spray and pray weapon.

Missile/Pulsar, when this weapon is selected a distinctive red beam will emit from the firing ship. The missile must mark the ship (locking on Missile/Beam style like they currently do) but once fired they will only follow the ship if the red beam is on the marked ship. This will give the victim a number of opportunities that they can take advantage of to dodge these crazy powerful nukes, as well as giving the Missile/Pulsar a distinctive guidance system of their own.

Thoughts?

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    +More powerful missiles should have more hp

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Not sure I agree with a spray and pray missile system, considering, well they are missiles. Either they lock on or they dont. That sounds too similar to the missile/missile combo, even if its not lock on/heetseeking.

The only option for missile/cannon I can think of are cluster missiles that can explode mid flight and do a large AOE. Hell. I would make cluster missiles the M/M combo and then I would make M/AMC into a semi-rapid nonstop missiles swarm that are possibly heatseeking.

Suddenly I really want cluster missiles.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Dumb missiles should be immune to point defense.
    That defeats the point of point defense though. It just doesn't make sense that an anti-missile system wouldn't be able to effect a missile.

And I disagree that dumb missiles have nothing going for them. The very notion of their simplicity+power is what I like about them. No need to have a slave system and take up more space in my ship, no need to spend time locking on or worry about friendly fire heat-seeking, just pull the trigger.

The missile-pulse is an interesting idea that I'd be behind. Laser-painting the ship is pretty much the same as lockon though, so what about a missile guided by sight? By that I mean it follows what the user's laser is pointing at, but not with an actual lock.

Reaction score
    Not sure about the others, but missiles should definitely get health that is based off of the damage. That way an artillery ship with powerful missiles can actually do some damage at range (for example).