A big menacing creature that roams inside abandoned space stations

Reaction score
    When I was a kid back in the 80's, I remember watching the Alien movie for the first time in the cinema. Some of the designs of space stations are really inspired on the environments seen on those movies. The fact they are abandoned it's really creepy, but it get's a bit boring since you know you aren't going to see anything threatening or worth enough to get inside. To spice things up, I would like a rare Alien-like creature that roams the abandoned installations, that's really hard to kill (you would be better off running from it).

To incentive getting your ass out of your ship more often, put really valuable stuff to be found inside storage boxes that may appear on the abandoned stations (only accessible if you enter the station walking, not on your ship), so all those stations aren't always simply big pieces of boring scrap alloy.
    Also the fact you may encounter valuable stuff inside will make you less prone to salvage all of it in seconds with an huge salvaging ship (you will likely salvage storage boxes that cointain valuable stuff and if you salvage the storage box the content is destroyed).
    The game needs more exploration of structures by getting outside yours ship and I find this a good idea. This would also incentive the development and crafting of handheld weapons beyond the basic one we have now.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    One of the abandoned stations used to have giant alien spiders roaming it. They were no joke.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hope spiders make a comeback in the fauna update, and maybe a few other critters to scare the pants off you while exploring derelicts too. That's exactly what this game needs; a 9 foot tall armor plated killing machine with scythes for claws and railroad spikes for teeth :eek:.

Or worse, TRIBBLES o_O!?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Oh, god, those alien spiders... I found one of those old stations once. At the time, I didn't know that SM had any fauna in it. I was outside my ship, figuring the best way to break in, when I saw these little damage 5's slowly coming at me from behind a wall. I thought it was a pirate or something, so I hopped back in my (decidedly small and defenseless) boarding ship and circled the station looking for the aggressor. Finding nobody, I returned to the dock confused, but resigned. I blasted a hole in the airlock door, and this little orange bastard shot me dead in like 4 seconds. All the double you tee effs.

And, because of that episode, I am in full support of Spoopy Skary Space Station Monsters.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    That would be awesome it would bring adventure to star made especially getting lost in a station with one of the aliens oh the horror

Reaction score
    I would love something that can eat you spawning in derelict stations, as long as some kind of reward is present.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Or if mob drops are useful, the creature itself is the reward.

Reaction score
    Or if mob drops are useful, the creature itself is the reward.
    Agreed. Doesn't matter if its a mob drop or you have to fight your way to the "chest of loot" some kind of reward needs to be present; otherwise people would simply avoid them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If anyone out there has ever played Space Hulk from 40k, then having this would be perfect for that type of event! Imagine a titan sized derelict randomly warping through the server with monsters and loot for those brave enough to navigate it's claustrophobic hallways? Sounds like fun and profit to me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Are you sure spiders were removed? I reckon I saw some spawning recently at some decayed station.
    I only picked up this game a couple months ago. I'll bet the spiders are still there if you find one of the old stations.
    Spiders were not removed, however the only stations to have spawn points for them were the old default derelict stations, which no longer generate normally in the universe. (They only generate if the game can find no other derelict stations to spawn)

There are two easy ways to get around this and get some spiders, one rename the the folder StarMade/StarMade/blueprints-stations/neutral to something other than neutral, like -neutral. Then go and discover some new stations until an old derelict pops up. (Go back and replace the new neutral folder with the old one)
    The other method is to use a sector import I made here. http://starmadedock.net/content/old-spider-spawn.2953/

Have fun playing with spiders. (I want more evil things to shoot at too)

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Hope spiders make a comeback in the fauna update, and maybe a few other critters to scare the pants off you while exploring derelicts too. That's exactly what this game needs; a 9 foot tall armor plated killing machine with scythes for claws and railroad spikes for teeth :eek:.

Or worse, TRIBBLES o_O!?
    No no Tribbles are a commodity...they are for trading. ; ]

Reaction score
    Oh i know. And if we get fully customisable gear like we have been discussing in another thread (http://starmadedock.net/threads/starmade-as-an-astronaut.5086/ ) Id gladly brave ridley to get at some of that loot...knowing my luck with loot though id end up fighting the giant hoard of space mutated pirana plants and get a subscription to time magesine out of the loot chest. XD
    If anyone out there has ever played Space Hulk from 40k, then having this would be perfect for that type of event! Imagine a titan sized derelict randomly warping through the server with monsters and loot for those brave enough to navigate it's claustrophobic hallways? Sounds like fun and profit to me.
    2 words my friend...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

This gets my +56. One for every chunk of flesh ill loose to these horrors we are planning to unleash.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450686138,1450685302][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That would be awesome it would bring adventure to star made especially getting lost in a station with one of the aliens oh the horror
    Well lets hope its one and not many. Either way you will not want to go in unprepared...and yes...adventure is something starmade needs more of. What if on occassion they would end up infecting player ships if they are large enough. Perhaps any stations that are "empty" of creatures will have a chance to place the creature on the ship you used to get there where it will wait til you reach your base or mother shop and dock then it will randomly spawn around your main ship. Would make things a bit more interesting.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I think it would expand game play greatly if every derelict station was like a mini dungeon. It would promote game play of simply grabbing a small exploration ship and living that Han Solo life. The only problem is you would also need to expand the options available to astronauts or dungeon would be very repetitive.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Are you all sure that they dont spawn anymore? Id have to go back and look at my singleplayer game, but i have a bunch of the newerish space stations, and i was flying around in the completely empty sectors between galaxies, and found an old one, next to one of the newer ones o_O