a better navigation system

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    the way the "to" function works right now is really painful for large vessels and its driving me nuts, instead of showing you what sector to go to next, why not just have it show the destination?* this would remove the need for continual course correction and make traveling long distances much more pleasant

if rendering distances become a problem for whatever reason; all you would really need to do is place the nav icon in the direction of the destination (I'm only saying that because i don't quite know how the GUI elements work in this game)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* much like how when you select a target, it shows you exactly what direction it is relative to you

Reaction score
    OMG it drives me nuts zig zaging across the universe i made a super star destroyer and im taking way too long to get there, i just write down all the sectors i have a spce station base and home in on a note pad doc and just jump using a admin command its much quicker than going left right left right urrgh yes i agree with your idea i think there should be a HUD nav system or a block that you can add to make navigation easier...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I also agree with what the people above says regarding adding final destination markers.

In addition I\'d like to suggest a sorting function to the \"N\"-navigation menu. Possibly being able to sort by distance and/or what kind the thing is (shop, ship, asteroids etc).

ALSO, after having built a bigger gunship & hangar it occured to me that adding a possibility to remove docked ships and/or turrets attached to your own ship from appearing in the list of targets in the menu.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would be nice if you could place down becons at planets then get a tab in the menu to show you how to get there. Each becon should also allow you to add a small line of text so you can describe the purpose of each planet. That should hopefully help and I do hope some form of it gets added because I\'m seeing space travel being highly tedious.

Reaction score
    I totally agree, I hate having to change course every 4 seconds.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This doesnt work for me, it merely freezes my camera position in space but nothing else. Was this ment as a suggestion or?