49% Hang with New Launcher - Mac OS X Yosemite

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can launch the game using the old launcher, but with the new launcher I click Launch, it goes to fullscreen and is at 49% immediately and does not change. I have let it sit there for 10 minutes, no progress. Eventually I hit CMD+Q and it quits.

I seem to be having a number of issues using Starmade with my new Macbook. During play on my old Macbook pro I could use the keyboard shortcut of CMD+Tab while in Starmade to change to a different program, but that doesn't seem to work now.

Lastly, I got a prompt that I needed to update the driver for my intel graphics card/processor. I know this was a known issue a long time ago (a year ago? More?) and thought it had been resolved. As mentioned, I run Yosemite, and upon further research have learned that in order to update the drivers I have to update to the newest OS. So, I'm currently downloading Sierra in the hopes that it will resolve this particular issue.

Any help is much appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Open up the install path for starmade
    there should be a file in it named settings.cfg
    open that file with a text editor and change the following line accordingly
    PLAY_INTRO = false //Play Intro
    TUTORIAL_PLAY_INTRO = false

than save and start the game ... do not usethe tutorials!

if that works than a thingy that is needed to play the mpeg3 video the games shows as intro and turorial is missing on your system
    no idea how to change that ... not a mac user myself