22,5° anyone?

Reaction score
    Am I alone in wanting wedge slabs in addition to all the other tasty wedge shapes? (Wedge 3/4 thick, 1/2 thick, and 1/4 thick)
    not at all, i would also like longer bricks, 2,3,4m long blocks would be nice

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I'd be happy if they expanded slab shapes rather than add a new series of wedges. Corner or end slabs for each thickness would be great. This would allow you to fill in the gaps where perpendicular slabs meet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I would much rather see these first.

i1V36fe.png

Don't get me wrong though, I want all the slab wedges, but we really need a better interface.

Reaction score
    Wouldn't that be a wedge to round of slabs, or you talking a squished down corner? Keeping it simple, id not muddy it up with 3/4 And 1/4... The system in this update could do it. But yah the gui side could be improved... on the whole not a big priority. I Donno kupo redid the whole textures I can assume during the NPC update?. And saber is doing LOD blocks. the dev team is doing very well at covering multiple things at once. Perhaps 22.5 blocks come in some form. Personally I'm still not worried about block ID bloat. as these walls can be smashed and redone if it's stopping progress

One thing I like about the concept is smooth ships that don't look octagonal. More detail with smaller ships. You can do it with slabs and get these angles but it looks rigid.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    How many block Id are currently taken and how many total can we have
    We're at over 1000 currently, don't know exactly where.
    The current cap is 1024 iirc, but theoreticly could heightend to 2048 but that would increase data size per block.
    However, some IDs are used for blocks out of use and some don't give you anything when using /giveid (don't know what's up with those). Maybe some of the IDs used for not used blocks could be used for new blocks, although in some cases that could be somewhat controversial (Gold Bars etc.)
    Don't get me wrong, I really would like to have all these shapes (namely those in the pictures by kingreol and Magrim ).

Reaction score
    Isn't it 12 bits for block id... thou he just moved a bit, hp into orientation. Just so we can have 2 blocks toggle lights that I honestly rather we have 2 blocks one on, one off. And move that into block ids...anyways he has said if it comes down to it, going to 4 bytes is a option.

Last edited: