[12th of May] Schine Bi-weekly Q&A

Status
    Not open for further replies.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    We're currently behind by two QAs, we hope to get answers out for this one in 7 days from being posted, provided there's enough answers.

Welcome to our bi-weekly Q&A!

Question taking has been closed.

Questions taking will close on the 31st of May.

Ask any question about StarMade or its development, and we'll try out best to answer it in a forum answer thread posted every two weeks (provided it's not a secret). Depending on how many questions are asked, we may have to move questions from this session to be answered in subsequent sessions (or, skipped).

Rules:
    • Please ensure that your question has not been asked previously. If it has been asked in a previous QA and listed on the answer later pile (not skipped), you may repeat it t
    • Keep responses on this thread to: posting questions, notifying an author of a question that it has already been posted, and expanding on already asked questions.
    • Ask as many questions as you want this time :)

Last edited:

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    • Have you not noticed that every single attempt you've made at balancing the game has made it worse for everyone involved? If yes, why are you not doing anything about it?
    • What are your design goals for combat? Eg. engagement ranges, differences between ships, synergy between ships like carriers and fighters.
    • I believe you said when first discussing systems 2.0 that if there was a big enough backlash/enough things broke you'd go back on it and i'm really curious at this point when we hit that threshold; are we talking negative server population or someone firebombing your house?
    • Do you have any plans to reintroduce non-cosmetic shipbuilding to the game?
    • Are you going to force players into running around as characters or can we play the game entirely from our cockpits?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hello, I'm new. please bare with me if I ask any nooby questions.

What exactly are you visions for this game in the aspects of pvp, pve, exploration, suvival aspects, optimization, and planets respectively.

Is there any plans to make teasers for every item in development? (Cause teasers get me excited)

Are there any plans to make an official discord server?

Is there any chance of getting more developers in the group to help with the speed if updates?

Are there any plans to add a donation button somewhere on the website? If not, why? (EDIT: found the button)

Are there any plans to add arm actions that are visible in first person mode? (Not important)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Are there any plans to increase the importance of planets? For example, adding a block that allows players to yeild resources over time when placed on a planet.

Will there be gasses in the game? Like nebulas and oxygen?

What's the purpose of levels for a reactor?

Will food, hydration, or life support nessesity ever be added?

Reaction score
    Will there be substantial changes to reactors, stabilizers, integrity, or the chamber system in the future? Substantial enough to require ship redesigns?

When is logic interaction with reactors and chambers planned to be implemented?

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    • Have you not noticed that every single attempt you've made at balancing the game has made it worse for everyone involved? If yes, why are you not doing anything about it?
    • I believe you said when first discussing systems 2.0 that if there was a big enough backlash/enough things broke you'd go back on it and i'm really curious at this point when we hit that threshold; are we talking negative server population or someone firebombing your house?
    This.

Reaction score
    I felt like secondary power generators were somewhat encouraged so it is irritating how inactive power generators play a part in the efficiency by range calculations for all stabilizers - is this a bug/oversight or by design?
    And even if it is by design, can we have that fixed soon? (btw. switching power generators also feels very clunky with the chamber and weapons recharge)

There once was talk about adjustments and balancing to chambers but nothing ever happened as far as i saw, now with the weapons update balance will change and ship building start again -> do we get some solid information on balance (dev blog or patch notes) or even a discussion (preferably an official one) before the update hits?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Would Schine be open to uploading the blueprints of the ships used to test the dev builds, particularly the ones used for the recent power and weapon updates? I think it'd be interesting to see what the devs consider an ideal ship, the kind of characteristics that the game is currently focusing on and just generally how well the somewhat-divisive components of updates work with the ship they were designed around.

Alternatively, would there be a chance for the community to design a few test ships that could be used alongside the current test ships when balancing future builds?

Reaction score
    Based on what has been announced so far I would guess the universe update will probably be the most feature-full update this game ever received. Since the power and weapon systems revamp already took a lot of time and will probably still take some till they are fully realized I would also guess the universe update will probably take the longest development time before a release in the history of StarMade.
    Are there any plans on making sure the game is in a semi-playable state with an amount of fixes (considerable optimizations for example of integrity calculation, band-aid fixes to certain features like shipyards, extra quality assurances, etc.) after the realization of the new power and weapon systems but before the universe update?

Is home station invulnerability a feature which is planned to be removed/changed in the future and if so will it be part of the universe update? (Asking in name of MacThule as well.)

Last edited:
    Reactions: MacThule and Agame3
    Reaction score
    When will i be able to have access to formulas of the game through configs, like the stab one for example ?

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    Are you going to implement a battery feature and the option to turn systems on/off during combat so we can build alpha oriented ships again?

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Will some of the graphical bugs with intel graphics be fixed?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have two questions regarding new weapons.

First: What happened to the tertiary effects? In the dev build v201.029 I can't find them. Are they still on the workbench or abandoned?
    Although weapons will change quite drastically, the base combination system (master + slave + effect) will remain the same as there’s fundamentally nothing wrong with it.
    StarMade News - StarMade v0.200.311 - Power 2.0

Second: Why are all the weapons ranges still tied to sector range? It makes combat inconsistent. For example if I play in very small sectors (like 2km) cannons are pretty much on par with missiles and beams. If I play with moderately large sectors like 10km cannons fall behind missiles and beams. And finally if I play with very big sectors (20km or more) beams fall behind missiles. How is that possible for you to balance weapons on top of that? I'd like to know your plans about that.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Are you going to implement a battery feature and the option to turn systems on/off during combat so we can build alpha oriented ships again?
    I love this question, but man.... it's like your SIXTH this round.

Everyone else is respecting the one question per session rule...

You
    are just shamelessly exploiting everyone else's orderly behavior with your own disregard for others in order to shoulder in and hound Schine about every little issue you have, and it really, really is at everyone else's expense. Because this is the kind of thing that will make them drop the Q&A and then everyone screams that they aren't communicating. Or maybe they'll choose to ignore you over it and then face another avalanch of absurd accusations about not respecting players.

Answering questions takes time.

Time that could be used to answer other people's questions.

Time that could be used for work. On the game? If you care... every hour they spend responding in here is paid time that is not helping us one ounce.

It ain't all about you, man. The Q&A is for everyone. Schine doesn't exist at your whim and neither do we.

Have some respect.

Reaction score
    Hello, how are you?

Will AI controlled ships - player coordinated, or from the NPCs - get the ability to use their FTL drives in future updates?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Feel free to ask as many as you want this time, if there's too many, we'll select some to answer and some to add to an answer later queue. We can use those extra questions if we have extra time and no more questions left to answer in a QA.

The next QA we'll likely re-implement one question per person.

Reaction score
    Does cannon recoil scale with size? For example if one cannon(1x1x1) shoots out a mass that enough to create one Newton of force worth of recoil on the ship. And with each additional block added to the group, the recoil is increased by one Newton of force.

Does the rotational axis of recoil take into account the placement of the weapon on the turret and ship/station?

Does the amount of recoil take into account the mass of your ship?

Will undeathanators ever be able to be placed on a ship? Or something of that equivalent?

Status
    Not open for further replies.