Bug 100% load crash issue after patch

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    No idea what's going on. I actually get 2 crashes one griping about drivers not being up to date when I know full well they are and the other is a crash at 100% when loading that doesn't let me play.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I would like to add that I am also getting this issue. I'm on Intel graphics and my drivers are the newest version, first thing I checked was to see if a new driver had been released since I did this last time.

The crash for me is a syntax error on line 262 of the cube-3d.vsh shader file in /shader/cube/quads13/

The exact error is

ERROR:0.262 syntax error ';'

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Getting the same thing. Here's my error message attached.

Starmade error 11-21-15.png

Here's what I did to troubleshoot it (assume each one didn't work unless noted):

1. Reboot PC.
    2. Installed Java 8 Update 66 (64-bit).
    3. Change resolution from 1366x768 to 1360x768.
    4. Turned off Simple Dynamic Lighting.
    5. Dell website does not have newer drivers. Intel drivers will not install on OEM PC. (Common with OEM's and Intel graphics.) Please don't suggest this as it cannot be done. (But it does work for non-Intel graphics drivers peeps.)
    6. Let SM upload the error files/logs, hoping that will help.

Have not tried running Windows Updates, checking Java configuration for memory, nor have I gone to a basic desktop (non-Aero from Windows 7). Also I have not ran a repair or uninstalled/reinstall of SM. Mostly because of the error message, that particular file was updated today, I'm thinking there's something wrong with the file. o_O

I'm open to help out with this issue.

Reactions: Jumper11550
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Has anyone put in an actual bug report yet? we should probably aggregate info and do so if not.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Syntax error... someone missed a ; at the end of function in the damn code. No driver or Java update gonna fix that.
    lol Semicolons are the ninjas of programming, sometimes they are there when they shouldn't be, sometimes they aren't there when they should be. XD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Syntax error... someone missed a ; at the end of function in the damn code. No driver or Java update gonna fix that.
    Not true!! I looked at the shader to try and fix it myself and the ; is there. Go look for yourself. Also I'm using the beta launcher and when I took the semicolon out to see what would happen that launcher recognized the file didn't match and re-downloaded one with the semi-colon

Maxajax

Praise the Omnissiah and strike down his foes
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Same issue:
    - Reinstalled Java 64-bit,
    - Reinstalled the Intel patch,
    - Ran a starmade repair,

Still get the Syntax Error.

I have sent the error report in for review, and am hoping that my home base does not become vulnerable while I wait. Poor timing.

Reactions: Jumper11550
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Same issue:
    - Ran a starmade repair,

I have sent the error report in for review, and am hoping that my home base does not become vulnerable while I wait. Poor timing.
    What was the ticket number?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score

System information. I think it might have been better to split it up though.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Same issue:
    - Ran a starmade repair,

Holy shit... Maxajax, you're still around? I thought you vanished into the void man!

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    My guess is that the problem is likely related to this (selected lines from the mentioned shader, with line numbers):
    Code:
     86 #IFDEF shader4
    110 float typeE =  float((info >> 9) & 255) ;
    123 #ELSE
    169 #ENDIF
    179    #IFDEF shader4
    203    #ELSEIF threeComp
    255    #ELSE
    259 #ENDIF
    262 float type = typeE;
    Looks like the variable 'typeE' is declared only within an "#IFDEF shader4" clause, but at line 262 is referenced outside the scope of such a check.
    (I don't have this issue, but am also not using Intel graphics as others affected have indicated.)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    It being referenced out of scope might be the reason we're all having issues.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    does it seem to be affecting any other systems (like amd radeon?)I don't want to update until bug resolved.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Seems the cat is trying to send out a hotfix for the issue if he hasn't already.

Maxajax

Praise the Omnissiah and strike down his foes
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Holy shit... Maxajax, you're still around? I thought you vanished into the void man!
    I am still around. After the Dutch server went down in either 2011 or 2012(not sure which) I went to Red Shift, when that went down I took a break, then I went to GenXnova. Finally decided to rename Tea Time to Adeptus Mechanicus, since the founder has been missing since 2011 now, and I have given up hope on him coming back. Currently living in sector 2 2 18 of GenXnova(since yesterday :D) and all things considered, I would say that I am fairly optimized, if not a bit poor due to having to move servers. On the bright side no one there knows who I am asides from the allied faction that asked me to return.

How are you doing?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    After the hotfix the issue is gone now for me. I can get into the game with the latest update!