1.1 scale Enterprise NCC 1701 (star trek into darkness)

Reaction score
    Hello this is the first time that I have started a thread on this form. For those who don't know me, which should be most of you if not all of you, I am Bin Hawkins. I've been playing star made for about three or four months now And am absolutely loving every minute of it. I'm currently working on a project that I believe is definitely posting worthy. I am attempting to build a 1 to 1 scale Enterprise NCC 1701 from the new movie Star trek into darkness or otherwise known as the JJprize. So far it is coming along very well. There've been a few hurdles that I've had to jump over and i've had to invent a few new construction methods which I'm sure everyone here already uses but they're new to me. so I'm sure That you're probably saying enough with the talking already lets see the ship so without further ado picture time.

here is a picture of the latest version of the build

http://s913.photobucket.com/user/binhawkins/library/?sort=3&page=1

I'm having a lot of fun building this ship it's going to be a massive behemoth. You don't really understand how big the ship isn't the start trying to build it in starmade.

feel free to post comments and Questions. and for you hatters out there, be nice this is my first post.

P.S. For those who are wondering the other ship in these pictures is my ship that I built when I first started playing. I called it the white star. I will probably be making a post about it later. It's actually pretty close to being uploaded. Unfortunately though it's not a PvP ship by any means.

edit: had to get un link some on the pictures so that my bandwidth is not exceeded

Reaction score
    so I thoght I would go ahead a up date this thread, even though it hasn\'t got a lot of attention. Its good to keep things like this up to date. Here are some pics of my ship as it is right now.

hope everyone is enjoying watching this project unfold as much as I am building it. of course please leave your comments below I would love to hear what you guys think of this.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Nice build but that whats tiny little ship?

Reaction score
    thats the white star. my first ship that I haven\'t posted about yet. I thought that the enterprise was more post werthy then the white star

Reaction score
    I really like the shapes I\'m seeing right now. It\'s all looking great.
    And just a warning:
    the hardest part to get (and this is coming from watching almost every enterprise build on this forum) is getting the supports from the nacelles to the secondary hull to look good. I\'d never be able to do it.

Reaction score
    yeah I knew about that, and am not looking forword to that part. but I\'m confudent that I can get it to look right.

Reaction score
    I\'m confident in your ability too! All the other shapes look completely accurate, so I don\'t doubt that you\'ll get these right. I\'m sorry if my suggestions seemed a little harsh.

Reaction score
    I believe that the Dreadnought vessel is (according to most estimates) is about 1500m. If the Dreadnought is three times the size of the Enterprise, then the Enterprise is about 500m long. Just a suggestion.

In other news, I really love this so far. None of those weird bussard collectors like on the one before.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    the offical size is around 725, I have seen some variances, but that is the most popular. The vengance is not 3 times as big, it is only twice as big, 3 times as fast. http://youtu.be/DUyD6Soqc-g?t=14s

Reaction score
    Yeah I did a lot of research before I started working on this project. I knew that it was about 725. Of course there has been a lot of confusion about the scale of the ship just because sometimes the interiors don\'t exactly match what they try to display the exterior to be like. So I had to compromise slightly.

I think I manage to get it to fit fairly well. The shuttle bay is going to be just the right size, with approximately four decks. If you look at the pictures closely you can actually see the deck layout. I\'m going with the five blocks per deck, so that I can have a block for the ceiling and a block for the floor. that way I can have whatever I wont on the ceiling and whatever I wont the floor without affecting the decks below and above.

granted the hardest part of this build was trying to figure out the scale. I ended up actually using a technique that I\'m sure almost everyone uses or not, but it works for me. I use windows paint to design the ship first.

So what I did was, I took some blueprints of the ship that I found online, imported them into paint, and then scaled them down so that they were exactly 725 dots, or as I like to call them, blocks long. Then I would go in and clean up the edges with the line tool. This gives me a frilly accurate design and it\'s partially the reason why it looks so good. You could pretty much say traced it, lol.

But I\'m starting to get to the point where using paint is no longer going to help me that much. I\'m still going to use it to design the deck layouts, but when it comes to the hull, pretty much the only thing I have left to use from it is the pylons.

anyway thanks for the comments guys keep up the heard work on you oun projects. I will post an up date soon.

Reaction score
    So I decided to make this up date because I\'ve come to a point where if I don\'t update soon then my next update post will be ridiculously huge.

The first thing that like to talk about is the things that I\'ve actually manage to get done. I\'ve pretty much finished the top of the desk, minus the phazer turrets and some of the hull detailing. I\'ve also finished the deflector dish and the spot where it\'s connected to the secondary hull. I also have started to work on the secondary hull. Still working on trying to finish the bottom of the disk. I ended up having to actually redo part of it because the circular angle was off. I have all the measurements figured out now, but I haven\'t built them onto the ship.

I decided though yesterday that I wanted to take the ship for a spin. I wanted to see how well it handled and to size comparison it to a planet. So I went about trying to install the basic necessities I need for a ship to move around. I found out that if I use power blocks and power storge blocks for the worp Corel\'s on the nacells I get a freaking huge amount of power from them. So far I\'m only made it a third of the way done with the corels, and they are already more powerful than the other ship that I have, that has a pretty ridiculous power core. So I\'m glad that that\'s working out and then I added a whole bunch of thruster blocks in the back of the nacells which I am going to be adding more to as the mass of a ship goes up. I also built the main thrust assembly on the back of the disk and installed a bunch of thruster blocks behind it as well. So I was able to take her for a spin. I was really lucky I didn\'t run into any pirates as I didn\'t really installing any shields on it. so I went out to try to find the nearest planet and then instantly found out that my computer isn\'t powerful enough to have both a planet and my ship in the same scene. As soon as the planet came into view my frame rate dropped to one frame per second. And I couldn\'t hardly do anything. luckley I\'m a patient person and waited until I was able to get away from the planet and then headed back to the safety of my other ship that has a lot of guns on it. So it\'s fun building this thing, but I may not be able to play with it all that much, because as soon as I get more than two or three ships in the same scene with this thing my frame rate will die.

I also noticed something when I was playing with the ship. Because I placed the core block in the center of the desk she now rotates and pivots to where the core block is located. So this is a question that I have is it possible to move the core block? If not they really need to come up with a way to change the pivot point on your ship.

Anyway without further ado picture time.

I hope everyone is enjoying these updates, and everyone is looking forward to the holidays. hope everyone has a good rest this week see you next update

As always questions, comments, concerns. Maybe an answer to my question.

P.S. forgot to mention that I did add the little blue strip of light along the edge of the back of the disk as seen in the last picture.

Reaction score
    your doing a pretty damn good job with the ship. i think the whole paint thing is a really good idea. its the best one that ive seen so far and even better then the one ive made. it certainly bigger then mine. but not bigger then my recreate of a goa\'uld pyramid ship. it going to be a little different with 4 sides instead of 3 and have alot of turrets. it will be near 1000 in length, height and wigth. it will be bolstering 8 mega turrets ,16 large turrets, 38 mid turrets and 38 small turrets along with 16 missile turrets. 4 large hangers for various ships. it will have a crazy amount of shields and its own set of artillery. i have to wait till i get my other computer back. the one im using now cant handle it :( so cant finish it yet.

Reaction score
    i also like your little ship. it reminds me of my first but white instead of black. awww good old times :)

Reaction score
    even though it isnt as long as alot of dreadnaughts which are like 1500 in length it is as wide as it is long so it ussaully outclasses most dreadnaughts. the part thats going to suck the most when finishing it is going to be setting up the turret docks even though i already have the locations set up.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Keep at it, dude! This is the one of the very few movie ship builds I actually approve of.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the comments guys. Probably going to be doing a lot of work on it tomorrow, Seeing as we\'re probably going to get snowed in. I will definitely keep you guys posted.