1:1 Scale D'deridex class Romulan starship.

Would anyone care to have this ship?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    1K+, in SMedit?:eek: My toaster might collapse thinking about doing that.
    It wasn't full scale, it was 341m long. Yet it still felt massive at the time. A full scale would be amazingly majestic and have deceptively large spaces for energy and shield systems. As for toasters making toast, the D'deridex might not be as much as a strain as other ships due to the massive amount of space in the middle. My rig is somewhat edging on being outdated (GTX 460SE, PhenomII X6, and 16gb RAM) and I actually managed to generate and export a 840m long ship despite the extreme lag and long generation time. So unless you really have a serious toaster, you might be surprised what you could generate.

Reaction score
    Thanks for all the support friends. I felt that to understand the scale involved.. I had to build something smaller.. by small I mean.. still freaking big.

I only may seem to be idle.. but I have been very busy.. both in my life and in Starmade, although.. mostly in Starmade.

I am meticulous to a fault, No reason I should apologize for it.. but.. I do so anyways, why? Because I build everything block by block.. No exterior programs.

What all this means is.. I am discovering Starmade and that Star Trek vessels are huge.

I may be slow to post, but.. I am meticulous to detail.. everything placed on my ships must have a function.

From lifeboats to phasers and photon torpedoes, I can assure you.. I missed No details.. I am an artist.

Maybe my first release of a Star Trek vessel may not be Romulan.. I hope that it will not fail to please, after all.. it was much needed to understand the laws of starmade, and to understand what a Romulan vessel should be.

Please have patience.. never think I am not working hard.. I have lost much sleep in what I am designing.

Why I do it is because I love this game.. I will always loose sleep for what I love.

So.. what have I been up to? You may be wondering.

Phaser turrets that are not noticeable for starters..

Lifeboat pods that have a function, be it salvage or repair..

And most of all.. a beautifully designed vessel to carry these functions.

Sometimes I hate being meticulous to detail.. but that is only while I am building.. I never hate the end results.

Never fear that the D'Deredex class is not there.. I multitask pretty well.. I have something better.[DOUBLEPOST=1413526340,1413523547][/DOUBLEPOST]I truly love your way of thinking Viridis00. Huge vessels that lumber must rely on their turreted systems for defense.. the trick it seems is to make those turrets strong enough to be feasable and not look out of place, as Canon Star Trek vessels have No discernible turrets, this is a task.

Of course it is great to have such a lumbering beast around.. but why have it if it is not at least moderately functional?

I'm trying to make it so.

I may be failing.. but I am still trying.

A ship so glorious should stand more than exceptional in an engagement.[DOUBLEPOST=1413526969][/DOUBLEPOST]Ithirahad is right. Cloaking a vessel of such magnitude is very much implausible as far as the current state of cloaking has been implemented, that is why I did away with it as a viable ship function from the start.

Maybe it is not Canon.. but.. I prefer a ship that works.

Last edited:
    Reactions: PizzaPress

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd like it, just maybe not prefer it.

These ships have nice details, but not much empty room that can easily be filled with the systems you need.

Maybe in a future version of SM when you can re-assign the weapon/system-type of an array without having to rebuild it or you have other features making refitting for new blocks easier...

Reaction score
    Star Trek Online Dyson science destroyer Romulan Aves class.jpg Star Trek Online Dyson science destroyer Romulan Aves class 2.jpg
    So.. in my search for a romulan inspired vessel, I have found a few designs I like. This one is from Star Trek online.. although.. green to me would definitely look much better.

Star Trek Online Romulan warbird concept.jpg

Another concept ship from Star Trek online.

I have been designing a new class of romulan warship based on the Cool designs that I find.

It has been slow going because my job has become slightly more demanding of late, but I never quit.