[0.09354]Plagued by blueprint corruption

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Currently, I am making a set of differ ships but unfortunately, many of them fall to corruption somewhere during the adjustments, restarts, changing of description etc. I cannot pinpoint what action exactly messes them up, but majority of them at some point becomes unspawnable.

The files seem fine, I can see them in the catalog list in game and in ship manager in the server. It's when I try to buy one, I get cash deduction, beacon of the ship showing up for three seconds.. and then nothing. Shared some with my acquaintance, he has the same problem. Here's one of the simpler and smaller blueprints uploaded, if anyone willing to take a look: http://wikisend.com/download/181774/Dortan_patroller.7z

If anyone knows how to make those blueprints work/debug them/whatever that won't make my time and effort go to waste, the information would be very appreciated.

Update: I kept on fiddling, messing up more, trying to make more recipes not work. While ti wasn't exactly what I ws doing last time, apparently, for some reason if one deletes a blueprint from blueprints folder and then saves the ship with the same name, there's high chance it won't work.

Update2: Also, apparently some of the blueprints get only saved partially. I've made a carrier with 5 turrets, 4 of the same type, saved it.. got one with only two different turrets upon restarting the client and spawning the carrier.

Update3: Started adding version number to the thread's name, will keep updating it till I'll be able to actually use the damn blueprint.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I\'ve found that if you save the ship multiple times, then at least one of them will spawn. It seems like a hit and miss type of thing, at least for me anyway.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Good to know, though right now, as some of the ships I\'ve made are only there in blueprint form, both my game and I are completely done for. Hopefully it can be resolved soon as I cannot really progress with creation of more ships without a very high risk that at some point it will all be a waste of time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have the Same Problem As you Though MY problem is I built My ship On a public Server which Has Been Down For Quiet Some time So I can Go Spam saving my ship :( my Backup is alll I got Left of it

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    do you still have the backup from before the blueprint update was released (automatic backups on update are made)? If so just take the blueprint directory from in there and place it in your current installation. Also remove the \"Catalog.cat\" file from the directory \"server-database\", which will reset the meta data (you can set it again later).

After starting up again, all ships from your old version should be placed in the new one.

If that doesnt work, please send my all directories that start with \"blueprint\" or \"bb\" to schema at star-made.org and I\'ll take a look what is happening there

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    @schema I don\'t have the backup, anymore though the blueprints that worked before work also fine after the update. The ones though that were failing since quite a bit of time ago, still don\'t work. Deleting catalog.cat didn\'t help. Still want my blueprints directory? Whole or only those blueprints that are bugged (all of them seem to show the bug the same way - spawning invisible ship/beacon on the radar for 2 seconds and then disappearing, except of one, which is a carrier with turrets spawning with only some of those turrets)?

Given that they seem to be failing all in the same way, with the same effects, I\'d suspect the bug is in the same place it is in case of the tiny test blueprint I\'ve linked in the first post.

@Ayatollah_RockNRoller
    I am not that worried about progression as much as future failings and waste of time. If it would be one-time thing, I\'d be fine, but I am also worried about making ships in the future now, since I cannot predict which one of them will work or which won\'t.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    @Visitor: yeah, the whole blueprint dir would be best to see what happened. And a list of ships that are bugged.

Thank you

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The mail has been sent, thank you for looking into this.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just like to add that from my experiments it seems like if you wipe out your blueprint folder and than try to import any back in from previously made exports, something in the process is being lost.

Restarting the client will show everything imported in the Catalog Manager finally and ingame, however when you try to buy them your money doesn\'t decrease and they don\'t appear. Tried this next to a shop as well. One of the blueprint exports had been made before the new blueprint changes I believe.

Don\'t know if it matters but all the original blueprints that I erased had a Data folder in each with an .smd2 file in it. The newer blueprints that I import are not making that data folder, just the other 3 files.

EDIT: The ones I didn\'t export but manually backed up (that have that Data folder) can be spawned just fine. So for some reason the importer isn\'t making .smd2 files for everything?

Reaction score
    I actually expected this to happen, and prepared for it, you can too. In my case I build using a local dedicated server where I connect to myself, and I have a backup of the client and universe where everything I\'ve built is kept spawned and there are two each just in case I do a whoops. This way if a BP gets corrupt I can re-copy it by loading up the backup.

Only way this fails is if the developers seriously mess up blueprints/coding and they can\'t be imported to newer versions.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Personally it\'s not a huge loss, most of my ships were from when I first started playing and not built very well. Either that or without any power tanks or not enough shields, ect. I figure when Schema starts balancing most of the systems I\'m going to have to drastically redesign everything anyways (I like making interiors so I use every bit of space inside my ships).

Mostly I\'ve just been going through blueprints I downloaded off this site and gotten from others trying to find awesome ones to use as traders or pirates.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I am nearly sure that while your bug should also be looked into, it\'s a different beast that what I have experienced. As I wrote earlier, in my case you can attempt to buy the ship - cash gets deducted and you get ship beacon spawned without the ship itself next to you for a few seconds (by \'beacon\' I mean the light blue rhombus shaped radar marker thing). Then it disappears.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sorry bout that, my mistake. I thought there might be one big blueprint bug causing shenenigans so thought I\'d just add what I found on top of yours instead of making another thread.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    That\'s not a problem. The bug is related to the same thing close enough, so there shouldn\'t be much problems because of your findings.