0.0887 Mining laser beams vanish

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is a little strange. The rendered salvage laser beens sometimes vanish but is still working fine. Couldnt find out the circumstances or how to reproduce it, sry.
    if needed: i3-2120, nvidia 550 ti with actual drivers, 8gb

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have seen this as well. It seems to happen after using them for a long time. I would think it has some thing to do with the GC colleting the beam image.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    no, the GC doesn't collect any images as they are in a whole different context where java has no reach (the graphics card).
    But part of it is right. I implemented, that only a maximum amount of beams can be displayed at once to prevent people with weaker computers to overload and slow down. The max amount is very very low at the moment. I'm going to increase that amount and even make it customizable in the future.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    hmm, there may still be some bugs with the counting of active beams. I'll take a look into that

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think your idea of counting the active beams being incorrect is right. I had it happen with 4 beams as well. Also I could not see my friends beams when he had 20 or so.
    Here is a link to the 4 beam ship http://star-made.org/node/460

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I restarted my server. The beams were back, but I doubt this is the last time they\'ll disappear...