There was a time. A time when innovation and production triumphed and peaked, when things were built and used for a purpose. A time when every scrap of technology wasn't precious. A time when we didn't have to fight and scrape for everything we needed. There was a time, but things happened. And happened, and happened again. Some would say there were many times... different times... better times.
- Game version:
... and more!
- Theme primarily inspired by the discontinued Realistic pack
- Corrugated hull, riveted armor, and diamond plate
- New basic systems blocks:
- Plasma sphere power generators
- Vintage shields
- Coily, venty, fiery thrusters
- Electromagnetic rail elements
- "SM" series IC logic
- New computer faces
- Retro cargo
- Normal maps
- Specular and emissive maps
Note that this is designed as a 256-resolution texture pack; the lower resolutions are simply scaled down, included primarily to support recent game rendering optimizations. You may find 128 acceptable, but using 64 would likely give you a headache.
For best visual results:
And enable linear mag filter for blocks in the in-game graphics options.
- Disable texture compression
- Enable texture mipmap
Unzip and place the "Better Times" folder into StarMade/data/textures/block (next to the "Default" and "Pixel" folders or directories).