Alright, Citizens, this has been a long-awaited update!
- Game version:
- 0.201.xxx or greater
With the (kind of) recent changes to beam graphics to use the fancy screenspace bloom effect, and fixes to how beams are drawn, I decided to revisit this old mod of mine.
Here's a short list of changes from default beams:
- Beams have much more colour saturation.
- The 2d flat billboard plane that beams normally are drawn with has been replaced with a multilayered 3D model.
- This also applies to the handheld beam, which now scales correctly to be an expected size.
- Beams can scale larger than a single block diameter for output, but I will need to finetune this - please provide feedback on array sizes and the diameter you'd like to see on the beams at that size.
- each beam color (except purple/black) have their own unique color.
(NOTE: Framebuffer must be enabled to see the full beam effect!)
- Download and open the ZIP file
- Enter the "3D_BEAMS" folder
- Merge the provided 'data' folder in the 3D_BEAMS folder with the 'data' folder in your Starmade installation
- Start the game!
Hi, we have migrated servers and have done some backend reconfiguration. If you experience any issues, please report it in the "SMD Discussion" forum.Dismiss Notice
3D Beams 2.0
duct tape another dimension to your boring beams!