Alright, Citizens, this has been a long-awaited update!
- Game version:
- 0.201.xxx or greater
With the (kind of) recent changes to beam graphics to use the fancy screenspace bloom effect, and fixes to how beams are drawn, I decided to revisit this old mod of mine.
Here's a short list of changes from default beams:
- Beams have much more colour saturation.
- The 2d flat billboard plane that beams normally are drawn with has been replaced with a multilayered 3D model.
- This also applies to the handheld beam, which now scales correctly to be an expected size.
- Beams can scale larger than a single block diameter for output, but I will need to finetune this - please provide feedback on array sizes and the diameter you'd like to see on the beams at that size.
- each beam color (except purple/black) have their own unique color.
(NOTE: Framebuffer must be enabled to see the full beam effect!)
- Download and open the ZIP file
- Enter the "3D_BEAMS" folder
- Merge the provided 'data' folder in the 3D_BEAMS folder with the 'data' folder in your Starmade installation
- Start the game!
We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.
3D Beams 2.0
duct tape another dimension to your boring beams!