ZektorSK Shipyard (awesome name right ?)

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    ! Welcome to my shipyard blog !
    I made this thread so I can share my projects to you, and get some tips on my future builds. Or if anyone likes my builds, to also give him some inspiration.

So I just finished the basics of my ship "A Cool Name"

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Ah, I see you're also a part of the "red, black, and orange" club lol.

That's a really cool shape you've got going there. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Keep it up!

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Project name: Space Station
    Date of beggining: 24.6.2017

Day 1
    I wanted to take a break from making "A Cool Name", so I began building a space station. Same as the ship, I don't have any plan on how to build it. I just go and hope it will turn out good :D
    I began with the lowest part where some fuel stuff and scaffolding is placed. I will add details later. For the red tube thingie: I just placed the bird symbol on it. I was thinking it would make the basic structure for the whole station, but I am concerned if I can fit the interior into it. If you have any ideas, please post it here ! I would be glad :)

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Day 2
    I completely reworked the bottom part of my station. I made it look really industrial. I also added that thingie where you can land with your little transport ship. I made the scaffoldings a lot higher, so I can have a foundation for the main part of my station. If you have any ideas, please post them here ! I will be glad :)

ASM

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I would recommend changing the scaffolding to a Zig Zag Pattern, what you have now looks very structurally weak.

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Day 3
    Big thanks to "MChain" and "ASM" for helping me with the scaffolding !

I made the scaffolding more tight and stronger, and I also removed the whole bottom with the fuel tanks. It looked really weird! I don't know what to add there, so I just randomly place some cubes xD If anybody has any ideas, please post them below :)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    For the cylindrical parts of the station, I am thinking it would be neat to have glass walls, a walkway, and then on the inner side of the walkway, doors into utility "rooms", of whatever variety you need. That way, there is a place for visiting astronauts to walk, enjoy the view, and simply turn inwards to get to business.

Similar to the top of the old abandoned stations, but maybe with multiple floors.

Maybe a rotator or two in the exact center, to have signage rotating around the outside of the station.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You've come a long way. I'm proud of you. (y)

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Day 4
    This time I didn't build anything, but rather rethinked the whole station (Theory inbound !!)
    As I was looking at the "bottom" of my station, I realized that I just can't do this without a serious plan. So here it is:
    The bottom I made should remain the same, all thou I want to add a lot more details to it, and most importantly: a rail elevator. This will connect the main structure of this station to it's parking lot. I may even connect the scaffolding to the elevator, making it look a lot better, but I don't know if it is possible (I would need to somehow hide the rails.)

You still remember that red cyllinder ? I was thinking it could be the command centre of my station. But I will place it somewhere, where there is a lot of buildings, so it doesn't stand out like a monument (it really looks weird). It should be the last thing I will build on the station, because I need to first make a complex shape around it.

The shape I will make will probably be inspired by this station:

Reactions: darknassius

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Day 5
    I began working on the elevator. It is quite simple flat design. I added cargo crates, and a simple fence around it. The 5 rail towers are just cosmetic, only one of them will be functional. If you have any ideas, please post them below ! :)

Reactions: Scypio

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Day 6
    Before starting the main structure of my station, I added some support beans to rails, so it looks better. I used a simple design, similiar to the rear heavy beams.

Reactions: Scypio

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Day 7

The progress is going slowly, because I am lazy :D I added some details to the space under my elevator. There are some parts of the elevator, if anything went wrong with it. I also added a computer down there that is analyzing the strenght of the support beams. Also added some fans and more computers, along with pipes. And a little computer near the elevator, if anyone wanted to control it speed.

diremage

Tech Wizard
    Reaction score
    Nice work Zektor. Slow builds build faster than fast builds that get abandoned!

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Day 8
    I finally started making the main structure of the station. I added a path to the big hangars that I will build later. I built a little light tower next to it. Also some more hull at the turning, if anyone was drunk to not fall of :D.

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Hi there!

I don't really have time and taste to do buildings because of school, that's why I didn't update the station for so long. I think I could return to the project when the power system update comes out. But don't worry, someday I will finish it, and I hope it will be awesome, just like in my thoughts :)

Have a nice day.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I too have slowed down; waiting for the power update.

For what it's worth, the style and complexity of your builds have come a long way since you and I first met. I'm glad you didn't give up. I hope to see you back at it soon.