Your Day One Starter Ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    The server I normally play on is resetting on Augist 14th so everyone is having to start afresh! To save me faffing around at spawn trying to build a ship and make the exodus from 2,2,2 and find a nice piece of space to call home I have prebuilt my starter ship that can be built from the default starting blocks, cash and the sale of any unwanted items.

It has a reasonable salvage array, radar jammer, some shields, storage blocks and cargo space and a usable jump drive (with no power loss while charging even with the radar jammer on). I was able to save a few ship cores, power and thrusters for my pocket and bought a build block and undeathinator for my temporary home somewhere.

While I am always impressed by a detailed multi-million block mega ship, I just thought I'd share my humble beginnings and would love to see other peoples takes on what can genuinely be achieved with the starting rations, especially the default ones.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Not bad - personally prefer a cloaker though. I take it the server doesnt provide a custom starter ship then?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Not bad - personally prefer a cloaker though. I take it the server doesnt provide a custom starter ship then?
    I don't think you can build an effective cloaker with the standard starting supplies, which is what this thread is all about. Custom starter kits need not apply.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I don't think you can build an effective cloaker with the standard starting supplies, which is what this thread is all about. Custom starter kits need not apply.
    Doesn't answer the question - which is sparked by the OP.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I am able to make a perma-cloaker from the default starting blocks, provided I have a shop to trade items with. There is enough left over for a couple of faction blocks, an undeathinator, some cores/thrusters/power and build blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I'd love to see a cloakable starter ship! Especially one that can mine resources and then vanish at the first sign of trouble.

I've played on servers that provide a starter ship but I tend to find that this tends to be simply a bonus collection of blocks/sellable items.

I built this not only as an exercise as to what was possible with the default starting kit/cash that would give me a ship that i would actually want to fly.

Once I had the basic shape and systems I simply played around with wedges and slabs and added in the crystals for the engines and checked the functionality of the ship overall.

Reactions: Sachys