Xbox version of starmade

Reaction score
    I know it's a little earlier for this but doesn't fortune favor the bold. I think its an awesome idea because if this game were on xbox it could have split-screen capabilities so I could play with friends or family. Also there are people out there who like console gaming more than computer gaming so this idea could get more people interested in the game. On top of all that I said, minecraft did it and for this game to become more popular than minecraft it has to spread to the consoles.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Starmade isn\'t going to be more popular than minecraft, mainly because minecraft appeals to a broader audiance. Which is good for minecraft, but also good for starmade. Also, never compare this game to minecraft. Minecraft is a voxel based sandbox that is exceptionally popular due to it\'s versatility and the fact that it appels to everyone. Minecraft has been released as a full game. Starmade is a voxel based sci-fi space sandbox that appeals to specific demographics due to it\'s challenging, complex, and creative nature. Starmade is in alpha. The only real similarities between the two are that they are both voxel based sandbox games, and that\'s where the similarities end. Being popular doesn\'t make a game successful. It helps, but it isn\'t the sole factor.

It isn\'t the fact that your idea is bad. Having starmade on Xbox might even do it some good. Your reasoning and logic is where you fail. Because you want to play starmade with friends and family is not a reason for the only dev to spend lots of his time porting it to xbox at such an early stage. This game has multiplayer, just download hamachi and you\'re good to go. Yes there are people that preferr console to computers, but that demographic is filled with younger people. Starmade is better suited for older gamers, not due to it\'s content, but because of it\'s complex mechanics. And as I have outlined above, never compare minecraft and starmade. \"Because minecraft did it\" is a terrible reason. Things that copy something else \"because it\'s popular\" tend to be terrible. Just look at FEAR 3 and Dead Space 3. The prequals were amazing games, really scary with great atmosphere. Why did these two games fail? They completely ditched the whole \"atmospheric survival horror\", and kept only the \"shooter\" part because COD was so popular and they needed to \"appeal to a wider audiance\".

D

Deleted member 301635

Personally, (correct me if I\'m wrong) I think StarMade is slightly closer to Dwarf Fortress(An insanely difficult game with a cult following that I sometimes play) than Minecraft.

Both of them are hard, and don\'t come with difficulty settings(\'you can have any difficulty level you like, as long as it\'s Insane\"), unlike most console games. They also both focus more on 3-dimensional travel more than Minecraft, and both use far more keys, something that console controllers do not have.

Also, both games are still in Alpha, and still have very small fanbases. And graphics problems(StarMade has the whole \'blindingly white, seizure inducing hull plates\' and Dwarf Fortress has ASCII graphics).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It would be cool and all and I don\'t even think it would happen as the game is still in alpha and doesn\'t have a lot of people who play it or know about it like other popular games converted to xbox like minecraft. I mean it could be possible to be on xbox but even if it could happen it would be years before its even possible. So uhhh, maybe?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    As much as I would love a console version, don\'t get your hopes up because it will never happen. Ever. Mark my words. NEVER. Lol sorry for being dramatic but I\'m serious... and right...

Minecraft had to be completely re-made from the bottom up for Xbox with only textures and game mechanics to draw from. The Xbox version was coded entirely differently in an entirely different coding language, by an entirely different team of people separate from Mojang.

So basically, short of you entirely re-coding this game and then paying retarded amounts of money to Schema for licensing/royalties, then a shitton of money to xbox for licensing/distribution out of your own pocket, this isn\'t going to happen.

We can dream, but we shouldn\'t because it really, will never ever happen. Sorry.