X-ray screen block

Reaction score
    The idea is simple:
    X-ray block visually hides part of an entity located behind it; everything else including other entities and players is rendering as normal. Resourse capluses actually behave almost like x-ray blocks, except they hide everything but background and stars.
    To prevent players from making ghost ships, following rules must be set:
    1) X-ray block only works if the center of this block is within a certain distance from the player.
    2) X-ray block only works if the player is in the gravity field of an entity with said x-ray-block.

Why it should exist? Because it will allow players to make internal windows and bridges, keeping both aestethics and structural integrity of their ship/station.
    xrayblock.png starmade-screenshot-0104.png

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    fun fact

a long time ago there was a bug producing your suggested function as a phenomenon
    the block causing this was was the ice block and the phenomenon occured if there were solid blocks behind the ice

Reaction score
    fun fact

a long time ago there was a bug producing your suggested function as a phenomenon
    the block causing this was was the ice block and the phenomenon occured if there were solid blocks behind the ice
    Well that means we need it back, but now as a feature, not a bug.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I'd actually quite like to see more blocks with cool graphical effects. And I hope the current bizarre interaction between transparent blocks isn't broken in the future as I plan on building some structures that seem to appear and disappear as you move through them.
    Anyway, semi transparent ships are fun. This varat scout ship has an inner coating of glass along the front half of the ship. Creating a beautiful view of space from inside.
    BlueGhost.png