X-Ray Glass glitch! See through ship's hull.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just found this one last night: Maybe this is more sector-edge related stuff -- dunno. (Who knew building my space station on the cusp of another sector would be this beneficial for debugging!) The glitch kicks in based on my position. I have to be within about 5 meters of the glass, then all of the sudden I get a cross-section view of the ship in hangar. Looks like the glass is incorrectly reversing the draw state of the forward facing planes on the outer hull. Screenshots below:

The glitch is persistent, surviving reboots. Come to (2,-2,2) in the Tethys galaxy to take a look. ;) I'm thinking of affiliating with Ripley's Believe it or Not. I've got X-Ray glass and a Build Block that teleports you to the other side of the sector. All I need is a rollercoaster and a t-shirt stand and we're making bank, baby!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have (what I assume to be) the same bug, except my ship is small enough that the whole ship disappears. There\'s certain positions it does it from, too; standing on the block border 1 block away the ship is there, pushed up against the glass it\'s gone. I\'m not on the edge of a sector though (my station is a converted (read: completely rebuilt) abandoned station :D )

Reaction score
    Very annoying with stars since you get all that light right in your face. I\'ve taken to not making interior windows in my stations and ships because of this.