Wwapon and energy system

Do you wang to add this weapon and energy system?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I konw it will redesign weapon system。i just wanna share this idea.
    We need a power computer,and there is the ruler
    1.Power computer group the power and power tank
    2.Power computer must a subsystem of weapon/shied/thruster
    3.Weapon fire will deplete all power in power tank which connect it, and will not fire again before power tank completely recharge
    4.wepon/shied/thruster only use they own power group
    Now if we get some change in weapon system:weapon give a power rate and charge limit
    1.Weapon damage depend on how many total power in power tank, it will product by power rate and total power
    2.Weapon system have a charge limit,if generating power more than the limit it will disable the weapon. The limit increase by number of weapon block

3. Power rate will not increase by number of block. Weapon have own inherent power rate

Damage calculate : [Power rate]x{ [Power]-[Effect modulecost]}

There is an example: Cannon: power rate 0.1 charges limit 2

Power tank: 10

Power generator: 2/sec

If we only can use 9 block (without computer), we have some choice: 3x Power tank 3x Generator 3x Cannon

Then damage is 0.1x{10-0}=1 and recharge time is {3x10}/{3x2}=5s

Base on this ,player have to make choise betwen the fire power and fire rate. Also as a ship have to choice heavy shied or powerful fire or hight speed . Because both three have own power system.If a bigger ship have a Power full weapon it wil have a small shield as a smaller ship.

About Fire by turret the own power group connect whit the docking unit,turret fire wil depleted they own power tank.Fire power same as ship fire but more nimble ,if turret destroyed they will lose fire.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I say no, it's overly complex for new players, and will render all ships to date useless.
    Weapons were just overhauled, and the power system is very good how it is.
    There is no need to separate them into their own power groups, this will only cause issues.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Pointlessly complex and doesn't really add anything to the game. No support. Also, your poll is pretty biased. I have nothing against refitting my ships, but I still don't like your idea.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Separate power tanks and reserve for weapons thrusters and shields. No thank you. As it would add complexity your computer would have to work even harder to try and separate everything in your ship and others. Some times a general and simpler method works better as of now.

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Not entirely a bad suggestion just needs to be more carefully thought out, hence provide a flow chart of how your ideal of how the power computer implements power, you deviated from making key points. for instance does it manage efficiency across a broad system of varies builds on a ship, does it reduce lag? or will it increase it. from the sounds of it it's going to increase the amount math for calculating groups of energy to units that are also in groups, sort of like an upside down pyramid that connects to a existing upright pyramid.

Yes it might micro management better but a what costs.