Planned Wreckage fields

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think that a really cool feature would be if one could find rare sectors filled with the old hulks of wrecked ships. Basically the remains of an old battlefield. There could perhaps be various wrecks, perhaps with two different styles in each area, giving the impression that two factions had a battle there. These would not be largely intact derelicts like the abandoned stations, but the hulks of ships with huge battle damage, and even just fragments that are hardly even recognizable as a coming from a ship.

These fragments would be entities that act just like asteroids, and could be community submitted. They would yield scrap like stations.

I think that this would be a relatively easy addition to the game, and one that would add a lot.

Reactions: alterintel
    Reaction score
    Sounds interesting, but if all you get are scraps, then i don't think people are going to really care that much about them.

Reaction score
    Have various modules still on the ships, with a rare computer block? maybe even a super rare ship that still has a core and you could grab and fix up? Stumble across a dreadnought that still has weapons and some armour intact but the power core got blown out or something.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I'd like it if wrecks could be directly salvaged for scrap, but if you went inside and rebooted it, you could salvage the modules directly. The downside to that? It could be filled with hostile alien life forms, rouge AI, power caps at risk from exploding for being improperly maintained, etc, that would make your day hell.

Reaction score
    This is a really cool idea! It would make more variation in the starmade universe, provide a good starting point for making quests, as Skylord mentioned, and it would be possible for the community to make wrecks/ships, that could be put into the game, like in the station contest.

Reaction score
    I used to scuttle and abandon my old warships in a sector not far from my home sector, A ship graveyard if you will.
    Usually only if the damage was too much to bother repairing, strip it of anything useful, abandon hull in free space. Was pretty cool going back and exploring my old wrecks.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wreckage Fleet Contest please.
    I think the contest was pre-won with the Shangri-La, but here is a list of good candidates from Community Content:
    What junkyard would be complete without an abandoned muscle car? Super Sport muscle Ship
    Add a healthy helping of space trucks.... Here... AFW Jupiter Class Frigate - SpaceTruck
    And here.... Space Truckin
    And here.... Space Truck
    Sprinkle with some smaller bits and pieces.... Ground Vehicles
    A rough-looking abandoned station... Abandoned Medical Station
    And of course, the Shangri-La.... Lost Shangri-La

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It would be interesting if these scrap ships had glitching humanoid AI, turrets, broken alien containment, and unstable explosives. Being fun and also balanced by having great rewards inside.