Wow this game has changed in a year...

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    So, about a year ago (I don't remember the exact time) me and two friends found a game with the creativity of block based games like minecraft, but being able to move your creations around and also be set in the vastness of space. It was... STARMADE.

I donated about 15 bucks to the dev, because at the time I wasn't a poor college student. Eventually I moved on, but after I had remodeled someones awesome looking halo hexagonal looking ship into a fuctional mothership with high energy capacity and stupidly high shields, getting rid of some useless weapons and adding more utility to it. Also built a space station out of a planet. Planets were little disk shaped things then, have they changed now too?

Thank god for a world map, and one that looks so good is a bonus too! Is the universe just all in one spiral galaxy, or is that just a limit to the demo?

Also, factories do something now! They were just being implemented when I left cause people were doing other things. Kerbal Space Program before this, (before the planet update) and Space Engineers after this.

But that ad on steam caught my eye, and I realized that I want to play this again!
    So, what are some good survival servers hosted on the Eastern United States (to reduce latency) that aren't war torn where I can float in a direction, learn to play the game, strip mine a few planets, and then invite my friends to join me?

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Indeed, planets have changed, as did a F*CKTON of stuff. Example:

As for the universe, there are 4 quadrillion galaxies for your exploration pleasures. The demo is currently the same thing as the "full version" (although that will change in the future).

Oh, and welcome back to the game!

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Yeah, this game seems pretty awesome right now! :D

I joined this EE server, and I set up shop around this red dwarf star, and am constantly find out about new things!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    and it is still alpha! that is the part that makes me really excited about starmade ...

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I play on the Ragnarok Galaxy server. The only latency I get is due to my own internet spazzing.

Welcome back to the game! More good things are on the way. Turrets and docking are finally being revamped, and a rail system will be added as well.

Reaction score
    Oh, you sound just like me! I rejoined a couple of days ago too! It was so exciting seeing all the new stuff. I originally joined back around 2013 or something.