worth purchasing ?

Reaction score
    ALPHA PRODUCT The game is still in Alpha. YOU ARE NOT BUYING A FINISHED PRODUCT. You are pre-purchasing the game when it is finished, and you will get access to alpha builds to try until the game is fully released.

so as I read that it means you have to buy again when it is done?
    so it is better to wait ?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It's done when it's done.

You can never predict how many issues you will encounter without having developed a similar game. And it's Schema's first game AFAIK.

Fixing issues take a lot of time - often a lot more time than coding it. (Implementing a better version of an old widely used part of your code can be similar time-consuming, even if it is just one added parameter to some function)

Just think if you play it a month and still have fun and promises fun for a few other months, it's worth purchasing it.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You are pre-purchasing when you buy starmade. Essentially you are pre-ordering the game for when it go premium only. You will get it for a better price and be giving your money to a dev team who have next to 0 funding.

Well worth the purchase

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Nope you can buy it now, which gives you access to the finished game when it is released for a significantly cheaper price. Just make sure you don't lose your account details if you decide to go on a haitus from the community.

Although rimmer just ninjaed me...

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    ALPHA PRODUCT The game is still in Alpha. YOU ARE NOT BUYING A FINISHED PRODUCT. You are pre-purchasing the game when it is finished, and you will get access to alpha builds to try until the game is fully released.

You read incorrectly. Once you pay for the game once you never have to pay for it again; no matter what platform, stage of development, or how many price changes occur in the meantime.

Plus, it is technically free right now, as you can download and play the game without purchasing it first. There is no 'freemium' and you get nothing for purchasing but the ability to uplink/protect your account details and the pride in having supported Schema in his personal vendetta against limitations and lack of coffee.

I have a feeling that once the game is considered a full and complete product worthy of a full purchase, Schema will take off it's... Free-to-play-ness and anyone who doesn't have a protected/uplinked account yet will no longer have access to it.

Reaction score
    that was some fast replies :) thx ppl
    You are pre-purchasing when you buy starmade. Essentially you are pre-ordering the game for when it go premium only. You will get it for a better price and be giving your money to a dev team who have next to 0 funding.

Well worth the purchase
    ahh ok, I saw no details over that, just said the price and that text said nothing of an discount later on

I will buy it then, thx[DOUBLEPOST=1410028706,1410028463][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You read incorrectly. Once you pay for the game once you never have to pay for it again; no matter what platform, stage of development, or how many price changes occur in the meantime.

Plus, it is technically free right now, as you can download and play the game without purchasing it first. There is no 'freemium' and you get nothing for purchasing but the ability to uplink/protect your account details and the pride in having supported Schema in his personal vendetta against limitations and lack of coffee.

I have a feeling that once the game is considered a full and complete product worthy of a full purchase, Schema will take off it's... Free-to-play-ness and anyone who doesn't have a protected/uplinked account yet will no longer have access to it.
    ok that is even better

but it does not seem to work

We're sorry, but something went wrong.
    If you are the application owner check the logs for more information

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    We're sorry, but something went wrong.
    If you are the application owner check the logs for more information
    Sorry, but I'm not sure what the problem is. Have you got any more information such as when/where this message showed up, what you were trying to do, etc?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Why does it require your credit card number, not your account number?:confused:
    And what the heck are these 4 digits?:confused:
    Credit Card doesn't seem to support German credit cards (isn't schema a German?:cool:)

Paying for my clothes with EMP.de or my hardware on alternate.de was a lot easier.
    It is a real challenge to get Schema paid without using PayPal (I heard it is another service which got hacked no long ago)

Reaction score
    Sorry, but I'm not sure what the problem is. Have you got any more information such as when/where this message showed up, what you were trying to do, etc?
    I tried to buy the game
    it loaded for about 30 seconds and then that error msg came, I know there is money on the account so it is not that

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Well it might just be acting up. You can still play without reserving a release copy. Just give it a few hours and try again.

You didn't lend that card to anyone else and thye got, say, an extra pack of bubblegum that might have shorted you enough to make the purchase?

Reaction score
    No, don't purchase it!

I hacked the site a while back, idiot mods still don't know! You can download a pirate version with the 'download' button I hacked in!

It was seriously easy, like in watch_doge.

(Pre-purchasing while it's cheap might be a great idea.)

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Agreed, the mods would have no idea if the site were haxx0r'd. But the server provider, site admin and a few nice people from metro cyber crimes might want to have a bit of your time for a friendly chat over tea, crumpets and under a lamp.

Alpha is still free-to-play. Even I had the game like 3 months before a registered a copy.

Reaction score
    is this game worth purchasing in its current state for 6 dollars? ABSOLUTELY! im already having tons of fun and were only in alpha! its only going to get better from here on out. i haven't fell in love with a game like this since MC! and yes buying the game now means its your forever! and you wont have to pay any additional fees or upgrades or anything later on. its a onetime purchase! (just dont lose your account details!!!!)

however i will just make one comment. hopefully in the future there will be more payment methods. as i unfortunately am in a situation where i dont have a credit card or know any one close who would lend me it to make the purchase and i pay them in cash. (my only friends who have one will never use it online due to all the hacking in recent years, and i cant really blame them. a bit of catch 22 cuz how else do you buy something online without a CC?) unfortunately i cant seem to come up with an alternative solution that would be currently viable for the devs. something like the prepaid cards that MC have wouldn't be viable for starmade until the game gets much more popular.

but either way you can be sure that i will be buying the game one way or the other. in the worst case scenario there are stores here that are all about helping you make online purchases. basically they use their store card to buy something for you and you pay them more or less double the initial cost for having used their CC. so if anyone is in a situation like me and you absolutely MUST buy something (like starmade!) you can check to see if there are any shops that do something similar near you! i found these shops on "mercadolibre" which is basically the latin american version of Ebay.

anyway long story short. this game is more then worth purchasing. i was actually shocked to see its only 6 dollars! thats practically a steal! i would absolutely pay full price (50 -60 dollars) for it right now.

long live Starmade!!!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen

buy it you are prepaying from what i heard
    that means you get it cheaper too

Reaction score
    Well it might just be acting up. You can still play without reserving a release copy. Just give it a few hours and try again.

You didn't lend that card to anyone else and thye got, say, an extra pack of bubblegum that might have shorted you enough to make the purchase?
    I just noticed that I was charged twice when the purchases did not go thrugh

someone mentioned hackers, do I need to contact the swedish security police to deal with this ?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    No he was joking X3 no need to contact any leos.

Sounds like there's a hiccup in the debit system. I suspect your bank is going to bounce both charges back into your account in a day or two. Sooner if you give them a call and a quick, gentle 'WTF'. I use paypal exclusively when doing online transactions. Even my debit card is a paypal linked deal. When I stopped using credit of any sort I had a handful of banks to choose from for my debit needs and paypal hasn't wronged me once. But it's also super easy to move money around with them. Or for me it is. Milage may vary. I'm rambling hoping I can dislodge an answer: I'm positive one is somewhere bouncing between neurons. Got tangled in the dendrites or something.

I'd alert your bank. Let them know you plan on making a transaction with your account with a paypal user in Germany. Make sure they flag the transaction as ok-cool.

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If it weren't such a big challenge to get the grey one paid without pay-pal ... I would have done it already.
    ((Am a bit sick of registering myself everywhere, but where I'm active))

You might consider this as a bounty on an issue's head ;)

Maybe do it in a way where users have to say their bank it should give the money to a receiver-account and use the reference field for a serial (user-name in hexadecimals shuffled with some bloat to make it a bit anonymous)

Or something alike. Dunno. Why isn't this added? is there no way to check incoming payments like with online-banking other than with pay-pal?
    I can't see why it would be impossible to have a online = see-data-only account, not a full-access account with your bank.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Tiny little humble cute funny lovely friendly community
    (With me! ;) )

I bought the game in advance. I figure I'll donate when the game is complete. Just because I can.
    (And cats deserve rewards for their hard work) :)

Edit:
    It is something you might want to consider. Why?
    1. Because it is cheaper now.
    2. Schema is a great developer and deserves to be recognised for his work.
    3. The game isn't going to be going anywhere any time soon, which makes it a good investment.
    4. There will most likely always be new features/mods when the game is fully released.
    5. Come on, really? You need another point? OK, here's one: it has better textures than most voxel games with cubes as blocks. It even has non cube blocks!
    6. Nope, nothing else beside: this game is awesome.
    7. There really are too many good things to list here, sorry. ;)
    Edit 2:
    How could I forget! (Grabs nearest hammer to wake self up, load bash follows. Is thinking clearly now).

What did I forget you say? I forgot to see that is quite literally the best forum ever!

Last edited:
    Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8

You don't need to buy it to protect/uplink your account

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I just noticed that I was charged twice when the purchases did not go thrugh

someone mentioned hackers, do I need to contact the swedish security police to deal with this ?
    I'd suggest not trying to purchase it again with your card if an error comes up.

We'll look into this issue and try to resolve it as fast as possible.