Recognized Wormholes from "Interstellar"

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Quick suggestion, change the wormholes so they look like the wormhole from the movie "Insterstellar". Cus I think it would look more interesting than the current look.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That sort of distortion effect sounds difficult to do well. And consider that most of the visible "wormhole" that we see is really just gas and such that is orbiting around it. The actual part in the middle like what one sees in interstellar would be quite small, and few people would really notice it.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    1) No
    2) I think the current wormhole looks pretty cool. It just needs to be more visible. You can barely see the thing.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    1) No
    2) I think the current wormhole looks pretty cool. It just needs to be more visible. You can barely see the thing.
    And bigger. Much bigger.

Reaction score
    While it's fun to bend space and time....it's hard to visualize. Also, you cannot SEE a wormhole. If there's a wormhole in a black hole, it will be in the singularity...from which no light can escape.

Basically, if there's a true wormhole in this game, it'd have to be surrounded by a black hole, which DOES in fact create that distortion....and also comes with gravity sufficient to spaghettify you----yes, that's an actual, scientific term---and an intensely radioactive accretion disk of superheater matter.

Assuming, of course, that this black hole has devoured something relatively recently on the cosmic scale. If it hasn't.....it might just be pure black.

Sorry, had to go all astrophysics-y on you. It's required ;)

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I think Schema said in the Q/A long time ago new visuals for wormholes will be implemented some time in the future
    they look like an oil spill right now xD