Wormhole Gravity slingshot

Reaction score
    Has anyone tried to do this? I messed with the search function and didn't really find much. It doesn't seem like the game likes it but I somewhat accomplished it.

Since the gravity from the wormhole accelerates you well beyond the "speed limit" set in the config file, I decided to try a slingshot move. I wanted to travel to the next galaxy over so I used the wormhole network to get close to the edge of my home galaxy. I then positioned myself so that, as I flew into the wormhole system I would kinda "skip" passed the wormhole(not going THROUGH the wormhole).

This worked fairly well it just wasn't very accurate. If you maneuver the ship at all it seems to reset your speed to the current set limit. And seeing as the wormhole tries to pull you into it you'd have to compensate by entering at a steeper angle. Done right (and with a small change to the velocity dampening in the config to be more realistic(imo)) it could work. The jump drive conserves the momentum as well so you can still jump while you cruise at 1000-3000kph.

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, unfortunately use a thruster movement (W, A, S, D, Q or E) will make your speed jump back to the server limit, removing the possibility of this. Which is sad, I really wanted to slingshot around a wormhole :(

Reaction score
    Unfortunately it does reset the speed to the current limit. Doesn't even take Overdrive's speed bonus into account.