Wormhole Bug

Reaction score
    Not sure if this is the right place to put a bug notice, but it seemed like the right one.

With that aside, I noticed while messing around with the newest build of Starmade (which I just picked up again as of yesterday) and decided to see how the new wormholes worked. So I took off from spawn with my new tiny ship, overdrive, thrusters and all, and set off for a wormhole.

5 minutes later, I flew right through, and appeared in some far distant sector. All seemed fine. That is, until I tried to brake.

The ship wouldn't stop. Odd enough, but I set is aside as some trivial error. The numbers would remain as close to zero as possible, flickering rapidly, but the ship would not stop. This problem got worse as the ship once more way inexorably being dragged backwards into the wormhole once more. Under its own direction, the ship accelerated and auto-corrected course before heading right back to the wormhole it emerged from.

Is this normal behavior for the wormholes? Are they supposed to drag you back in after you travel through them? Or is it just some far reaching gravity well that draws objects in?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    They do indeed have a gravity well that continues to draw you in after exiting. However, unless they're bugged again, they give you a certain amount of time to fly out before you get thrown again.