World won't load, no discrepancies found.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My PC just blue-screened on me, which is alarming enough considering the money I've poured into this thing, and I was playing the wounderous game of Starmade, but when I tried loading the world when I rebooted my PC, the would simply would not load. When trying to launch it in singleplayer, it just says connecting, and doesn't do anything, I waited about half an hour. I tried launching a dedicated server, javaw got stuck open, yet the actual program never loaded up, I had to use task manager to close it. I then did a complete reinstall (with the database backed up) and it still doesn't work. I then start comparing the world folder to another world folder, and find that all files are there, and that there shouldn't be any problems. I then decide to load up a different world, and that works, so it isn't the config bugging out. I then decide to check the entire PC for any corrupted files, and find nothing. So, I am beyond confused at this point, after three reinstalls, another world working, spending an hour of digging through world folders to find missing files, and even doing a full sweep of the PC to find any corrupted files somewhere, I appear to have found nothing. Does anyone, have any idea at all what I should do? I was hosting this world as a server for multiple friends, we've been playing on it for about 2 weeks, on survival.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, please answer soon! :/

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Looks like your computer crashed while the server was saving.
    There are no missing files, but the files that do exist contain conflicting data.
    Apart from looking through EVERY file manually and seeing if the byte data is not corrupted, I see no way to fix this, apart from removing the world.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Looks like your computer crashed while the server was saving.
    There are no missing files, but the files that do exist contain conflicting data.
    Apart from looking through EVERY file manually and seeing if the byte data is not corrupted, I see no way to fix this, apart from removing the world.
    I'm willing to look through every file, but when you say byte data, do you mean the size of the file, or do you mean something else I'm currently unaware of.

I also used the console command /scannow to try and find any corrupted files, it claimed that none existed on my PC. :/

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I'm willing to look through every file, but when you say byte data, do you mean the size of the file, or do you mean something else I'm currently unaware of.

I also used the console command /scannow to try and find any corrupted files, it claimed that none existed on my PC. :/
    That command was for the OS's command console, right? In that case, it won't detect the corrupted files produced in the crash, as the files themselves are still valid from the OS's view(start, end, and length match and do not overlap other files), but in StarMade's view they are corrupt, e.g. the file isn't as long as it SHOULD be(by StarMade's standards, on the file system the length still matches), because the storing process was aborted.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That command was for the OS's command console, right? In that case, it won't detect the corrupted files produced in the crash, as the files themselves are still valid from the OS's view(start, end, and length match and do not overlap other files), but in StarMade's view they are corrupt, e.g. the file isn't as long as it SHOULD be(by StarMade's standards, on the file system the length still matches), because the storing process was aborted.
    Alrighty then, I decided to look into the problem a little bit more, and learned that the entities aren't corrupt, so I created a new world and moved the entities into that world folder. Managed to save our progress in the end. ^_^

Thanks for the help by the way, appreciate it a lot. :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Alrighty then, I decided to look into the problem a little bit more, and learned that the entities aren't corrupt, so I created a new world and moved the entities into that world folder. Managed to save our progress in the end. ^_^
    Would you mind telling me how you moved the entities? I have the exact same problem, and when I moved the entity files and data files to a new world I couldn't find my ships and stations. thanks!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Would you mind telling me how you moved the entities? I have the exact same problem, and when I moved the entity files and data files to a new world I couldn't find my ships and stations. thanks!
    Solved! but another way. if anyone else is having this problem, you can actually copy an existing blueprint, and in its DATA folder, copy in all the files pertaining to the ship/station in the DATA file of the world save in the Server-database file. then put this new blueprint in your blueprints file, and poof. the block count and stuff will be weird, but it should spawn in correctly.