World Limit?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hello Starmade Players,
    So, me and a few other friends are working on a Hardcore Star Wars server and we're making the Empire at War game's map (I know it sounds intense ). Anyways, we want to set a world limit. Is there a way to do that?

Reactions: Zeno9141

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    no, other than making a wrapper for the server that sees people change sector, and tp's them back when they go into certain sectors with a message, or kills them.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    No, you can't. Not in the game's current status, at least.

Go to this page, and you'll see exactly why.
    "Infinite" has no limits. :p

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Yeah i know...
    me and a few other friends are working on a Hardcore Star Wars server and we're making the Empire at War game's map
    that's why we need a world limit.

Reaction score
    As far as I know, the only thing you can adjust the probability of spawning are shops.

What you could do is generate all the sectors for, say, 100 in every direction outside the bounds of your map & use the advanced admin commands to import empty sectors over sectors that contain planets/shops/etc. Could take AGES and wouldn't stop folks finding new planets/etc outside your 'null space'

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Doomsider/Titansmasher's StarMade Daemon does this. NASS main's universe is set to 128x128x128 with -64 and +64 as max on each axis. That's 2097152 sectors at standard sector size. If you were to set it (initially) to -/+16 on each axis and increase the sector size by 3.25 that would give you 32768 sectors roughly 10kilometres cubed each. It'd feel spacier. Things would be spread further apart and using the daemon's FTL would actually feel right.

Reactions: Equilibrium21
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Is it available for downloading? We won't take the credit or anything we just want it for the World Limit.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    karkinosz Thanks soo much! We only need the world limiting but the others could come in handy too! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    And linked to by me. Yeah a serious case of "doesn't read the thread before posting"

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Hello Starmade Players,
    So, me and a few other friends are working on a Hardcore Star Wars server and we're making the Empire at War game's map (I know it sounds intense ).
    I wonder. Does it have battles?