World doesn't load?

Reaction score
    Last night I was having some trouble with Starmade crashing last night around midnight, and after the last crash, when I try to load my primary single player universe, it hangs on the initializing universe part of the load screen. I started a new world, and that one loads just fine.

To be clear, I'm not upset, I still love this game, and I understand what Alpha means. Thankfully, I had everything I cared about saved in the catalog, and I don't mind starting a new world as I wanted to kick my sector size up to 5000 meters anyways :)

I'm not concerned about fixing that universe, but I did want to get Schine all the help I can provide in tracking down bugs.What directory are the logs stored in, What time frame of log files would you want to start documenting the bug, and how would I determine the time stamp and which universe the logs are tied to?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    go to (starmadeinstallfolder)/server-database/(brokenworld) and delete the file Chatchannels.tag .. then try to access that world again to see if it is fixed.

Reaction score
    Nice! My faction had changed to Unknown Faction, but the universe loaded. Thanks!

Although, I am curious how chatchannels.tag can mess up a universe? :)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    the file got corrupted on a crash or game exit .. and the game than hangs on load on the next start of said file.
    make sure your installation of the game isnt somewhere in /programfiles or on the desktop or in any other OS controlled place.
    It seems that that may cause problems.